ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Excellent beginner's video on YouTube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
BeginnersMind0

PostPosted: 2013-07-28, 04:22    Post subject: Excellent beginner's video on YouTube Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
I just found this and was impressed at some of the attention to details which are hard to find if you are studying on your own!

I am not too tech savy so here is the address for the page (i hope)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGhhQEWzzuI
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2013-07-28, 07:28    Post subject: Excellent beginner's video on YouTube Reply with quote

It's cool! Thanks for drawing our attention to this series of videos online from Mejiro.
I am not too keen on him saying what is the correct mouth/lip shape as it is so individual - otherwise it was good. Simple and easy to understand guide.
Okay
Visit poster’s website Skype
BeginnersMind0

PostPosted: 2013-07-28, 15:37    Post subject: Excellent beginner's video on YouTube Reply with quote

Kiku, it is true what you say about lip shape being individual. I noticed that the player in the video must have a "teardrop" in the middle of his lip because he plays with his embouchure to the left of center, which is good for some and not for others. But the generalities I like for the total beginner with no access to a teacher. Too many people try to whistle into the flute in the beginning, when the lips need to be more slit-like.
This poster's account also has some other videos including some by John Neptune that I have not had a chance to check out yet. As a former violin player, I feel the huge contrast of available knowledge on the internet between the two instruments. There is a wealth of excellent educational violin videos, and so little for the Shakuhachi.
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2013-07-29, 07:24    Post subject: Excellent beginner's video on YouTube Reply with quote

It certainly is a wonderful and clearly explained video!
Thank you for telling us about it! Smile
Visit poster’s website Skype
Shakhi

PostPosted: 2013-07-29, 10:47    Post subject: Excellent beginner's video on YouTube Reply with quote

The video has the title: "Mejiro Shakuhachi Lesson-1" Does that mean there are more videos in the series? I can only see the one.
Stefan Emich

PostPosted: 2013-07-29, 11:08    Post subject: Excellent beginner's video on YouTube Reply with quote

Have a look here Smile
http://www.mejiro-japan.com/products/lessonworkshop-booking/lesson-movies-f…

PostPosted: 2013-07-29, 12:12    Post subject: Excellent beginner's video on YouTube Reply with quote

^ Thank you. I've downloaded and watched the other two now.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:08    Post subject: Excellent beginner's video on YouTube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation