ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kansai-Hitoyogiri-Society(in Japan ) an invitation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Kishi Kiyokazu
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-07-29, 11:45    Post subject: Kansai-Hitoyogiri-Society(in Japan ) an invitation Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Kansai-Hitoyogiri-Society( start ) an invitation

Hitoyogiri is an ruined old small Shakuhachi.But Hitoyogiri had been flourished from 15c. to late 17century.
Nowaday it is perfectly ruined, but it is important for Shakuhachi players. Because Hitoyogiri is the root of Komuso-Shakuhachi.So studying the Hitoyogiri can get more deeply understanding of Shakuhachi.
Our objectivie is to study Hitoyogiri and to take a second look at Shakuhachi.

[activity]
We have a meeting a month where we study Hitoyogiri documents and practice the Hitoyogiri. We have 10 meetings at first step.
We have a meeting on the first Saturday p.m.1:30~3:30 each month as a rule.
[a note]
The first meeting is starting on September in Izumisano-city Osaka Japan.

[program]
We read an important 17century Hitoyogiri document Shichiku-shosinsyu (String and bamboo biginners book),other thesis on Hitoyogiri and practice (play) Hitoyogiri instrument.

[ member ]
Membership has nothing to do with your Shakuhachi capacity.
Member must be a Shakuhachi devotee and intersted in Hitoyogiri.

[the president]
Kishi Kiyokazu who is an Hitoyogiri student of Mr.Sagara an great Hitoyogiri resercher and player.

[about Kishi Kiyokazu]
Kinko-style Shakuhachi player and teacher. He has been studying for 35 years under Matsumura-Homei of Chikumei-sya. He has been studying Hitoyogiri, and has an original 17century Hitoyogiri.(hanko:如山)
Kishi played Hitoyogiri at 2012 Kyoto International Shakuhachi Festival's Hitoyogiri-concert.He helped the Hitoyogiri workshop .

[fee]2,000yen (document copy and operating expenses ectc.) per one meeting.
( an entrance fee is free) 

[ When you wish to become this member, please contact us.]
〒590-0531 Okada 2cho-190-7 Sennan City Osaka prefecture Japan.

[example of using documents]
○糸竹初心集(影印版、活字版)○紙鳶(影印版、活字版)
○洞簫曲(活字版)○一節切古管計測図(資料)
○一節切研究家・相良保之師論説
○宗長日記、一節切関連項目(影印版、活字版)
○林謙三「江戸初期俗謡の復元の試み」(論文)その他一節切研究論文
I run Shakuhachi-playing-study-group(尺八吹奏研究会). I have been studying the shakuhachi and published a text book [尺八吹奏法Ⅱ]. I wish to share with pleasure of playing the shakuhachi with all of the ESS members.
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2013-07-29, 22:43    Post subject: Kansai-Hitoyogiri-Society(in Japan ) an invitation Reply with quote

This is very interesting! Thank you for the invitation!
I hope you get many members! Smile
Visit poster’s website Skype
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2013-07-30, 09:12    Post subject: Kansai-Hitoyogiri-Society(in Japan ) an invitation Reply with quote

Are you the group that played at WSF in Kyoto? That was educational. Very Happy
Kishi Kiyokazu
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-07-30, 14:32    Post subject: Kansai-Hitoyogiri-Society(in Japan ) an invitation Reply with quote

Thanks, Brian-san for your being interested in our Hitoyogiri society.

Certainly I am a member of the group that played at WSF in Kyoto 2012.
I played the five Ritsu-scale of Yoshinoyama that is connected with tha Kinko-style-Honkyoku Yoshiya-reibo. I also played Yoshiya-reibo with a jinashi 1.8shaku.
Japanese shakuhachi players are not familier with Hitoyogiri, more over they don't care with Jinashi shakuhachi.
I'm into Jinashi, because it is very reasonable to play Honkyoku with Jinashi shakuhachi.
I hope many shakuhachi players will be interested in Jinashi and Hitoyogiri in future.
I run Shakuhachi-playing-study-group(尺八吹奏研究会). I have been studying the shakuhachi and published a text book [尺八吹奏法Ⅱ]. I wish to share with pleasure of playing the shakuhachi with all of the ESS members.
Visit poster’s website
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2013-07-31, 05:43    Post subject: Kansai-Hitoyogiri-Society(in Japan ) an invitation Reply with quote

Yes I remember that, I enjoyed your performance. ONWARD JINASHI WARRIORS!
No-sword

PostPosted: 2013-08-01, 05:49    Post subject: Kansai-Hitoyogiri-Society(in Japan ) an invitation Reply with quote

Hi Kishi-san,
The society sounds very interesting but as I don't live in the Kansai region I wouldn't be able to attend any meetings and can't join. However, I'm very interested in the source materials you list. Some of them are relatively easy to find online (e.g. printed version of Ikanobori, the Hayashi Kenzo paper, etc.) but others are more obscure. Have you considered making them available to interested non-members in some way?
Visit poster’s website
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2013-08-03, 02:35    Post subject: Kansai-Hitoyogiri-Society(in Japan ) an invitation Reply with quote

No-Sword could you post links to those things you mentioned?
Kishi Kiyokazu
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-08-04, 04:15    Post subject: Kansai-Hitoyogiri-Society(in Japan ) an invitation Reply with quote

Hi,Brian-san
No-Sword-san will likely post links to Hitoyogiri materials he mentioned.
But probably he takes time for gathering perfect links, so I'll post some links of Hitoyogiri.
○糸竹初心集 Shichiku-shoshin-syu(Strings and Bamboo practice book 1664year)影印版(facsimile)=not found
活字版(printed version)=Japan Diet Library digital service
http://dl.ndl.go.jp/info:ndljp/pid/1176589
(日本歌謡集成 巻6 所収)
reference:the hand writing of 1664year book can be seen follow
http://www.wul.waseda.ac.jp/kotenseki/html/i04/i04_00696_0043/index.html

(Waseda University Library)
○紙鳶Ikanobori(content :total Hitoyogiri's practice book 1699)
(影印版、facsimile) next
http://dl.ndl.go.jp/info:ndljp/pid/2533823
活字版printed version)
http://dl.ndl.go.jp/info:ndljp/pid/1176589
○洞簫曲Dosho-no-kyoku (活字版)
http://dl.ndl.go.jp/info:ndljp/pid/1869566
(雑芸叢書 第1 所収)
○宗長日記、一節切関連項目あり(影印版、facsimile)
http://www.wul.waseda.ac.jp/kotenseki/html/bunko20/bunko20_00252/index.html
○林謙三「江戸初期俗謡の復元の試み」(論文)
No-sword knows it , but I can't find on web.
I have it's copy that I copied it about twenty years ago at Nara prefectural library where is very far from my residence.
その他一節切研究論文( the other thesis)
Those are probably not on web, I think.
I hope that those links work for ESS members.
(Sorry, I can't make links on. Please copy http address and past it in the box.
Visit poster’s website
No-sword

PostPosted: 2013-08-04, 15:16    Post subject: Kansai-Hitoyogiri-Society(in Japan ) an invitation Reply with quote

Thanks Kishi-san! Those are my sources too. I didn't realize that the KDL had 洞簫曲!

The Hayashi Kenzo paper can be downloaded from here:
http://near.nara-edu.ac.jp/handle/10105/4892

If you use the search box at top left to search for his name (林謙三) you can find quite a few other papers -- mostly about Gagaku though, nothing else to do with shakuhachi.
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 22:31    Post subject: Kansai-Hitoyogiri-Society(in Japan ) an invitation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation