ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meditation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2013-08-31, 17:51    Post subject: Meditation Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
A piece that I just play with my old Kinko Shakuhachi (1.9).

The sound is natural, without sound editing, I just raised the volume and remove the noise of my breaths !

I hope that this piece will bring you a moment of peace in your day. Wink

https://soundcloud.com/plume-blanche

PostPosted: 2013-09-11, 18:02    Post subject: Meditation Reply with quote

Hi Plume. Why don't you post your "Shakuhachi and Voice" track?! It's a wonderful experiment. "Meditation" sounds a bit flat to me and I don't feel your lively presence but in "Shakuhachi and Voice" you are right there having a good time!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2013-09-15, 17:49    Post subject: Meditation Reply with quote

Hi Felix,

I had not seen your message.

I'm really glad that you like my piece "Shakuhachi and Voice"! Razz

Here it is:

A description is useful: I recorded three different tracks. The first, Shakuhachi, the second track, a track where I sing inside the Shakuhachi, by modulating the sound with the voice (obviously my voice is not as low in reality, fortunately!)
and fingers on the flute. Finally, another track of Shakuhachi, trying to make effects by blowing in a different way.

I hope you all will enjoy. Smile

PostPosted: 2013-09-15, 18:03    Post subject: Meditation Reply with quote

For me it's a kind of dialogue between me and the Shakuhachi.

The sound that comes out of Shakuhachi is influenced by my way of playing and my voice is influenced by bamboo.

The result is a little strange, because my voice is completely distorted, but who knows, it is perhaps my inner voice. Shocked

PostPosted: 2013-10-26, 11:53    Post subject: Meditation Reply with quote

I don't know shakuchiha can play with own voice. Shocked
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2013-10-27, 13:10    Post subject: Meditation Reply with quote

kongwee wrote:
I don't know shakuchiha can play with own voice. Shocked

Neither do I! Razz I discovered it accidentally.

To warm my Shakuhachi, I breathe normally, but I expire in the flute, during one minute or two.

The fate made that I wanted to try to sing in the flute... Wink

PostPosted: 2013-11-24, 22:43    Post subject: Meditation Reply with quote

felix martens wrote:
Hi Plume. Why don't you post your "Shakuhachi and Voice" track?! It's a wonderful experiment. "Meditation" sounds a bit flat to me and I don't feel your lively presence but in "Shakuhachi and Voice" you are right there having a good time!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Salut Plume,

Connaissais-tu cette video impliquant quelqu'un d'ici (je te laisse découvrir qui) Mr. Green

--------

Hi Plume,

Did you know of this video involving someone from here (I'll let you discover who)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yIhgw9Js4A#t=717

Aldous Huxley
felix martens

PostPosted: 2013-11-25, 10:28    Post subject: Meditation Reply with quote

Good posting Nicolas. I've not seen that before. It's brilliant stuff. It gives a whole new meaning to "you're talking through your shakuhachi!"
Nicolas Delhez

PostPosted: 2013-11-25, 18:33    Post subject: Meditation Reply with quote

felix martens wrote:
Good posting Nicolas. I've not seen that before. It's brilliant stuff. It gives a whole new meaning to "you're talking through your shakuhachi!"

Mort de Rire

Aldous Huxley
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2013-11-25, 20:00    Post subject: Meditation Reply with quote

Salut Nicolas,

Oui, je l'avais déjà écoutée, je crois que Jean-François LAGROST l'avait postée sur le forum. C'est un univers musical surprenant, différent de ce que l'on entend habituellement au Shakuhachi.
Très intéressant parce que c'est à la fois "Autre chose" et bien que n'ayant pas les moyens réels de juger ce morceau techniquement,
je me doute en l'écoutant qu'il demande une grande maîtrise. Okay

PostPosted: Today at 11:56    Post subject: Meditation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation