ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Composer Moroi Makoto dies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2013-09-02, 14:27    Post subject: Composer Moroi Makoto dies Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
The composer Moroi Makoto, wo wrote the iconic piece Chikurai Goshō has died today 2 September 82 years old.
He was one of the composers who opened up possibilities for the shakuhachi in new music.

Last edited by Kiku Day on 2013-09-16, 11:02; edited 1 time in total
Visit poster’s website Skype
No-sword

PostPosted: 2013-09-02, 15:34    Post subject: Composer Moroi Makoto dies Reply with quote

Chikurai goshō 竹籟五章 (revised version) performed by Sakai Shōdō 酒井松道 (Ueda Chikuho-Ryū)

Chikurai kyōsō 竹籟協奏 (aka "Concerto for shakuhachi and koto/jūshichigen"), performed by Sawai Tadao 沢井忠夫 and Yokoyama Katsuya 横山勝也

Shichi no variation 七のヴァリエーション (aka "Seven variations", "Variations on the numerical principle of 7", etc.), a collaboration between Moroi Makoto and Mayuzumi Toshirō 黛敏郎 that is often singled out as the first serious attempt at electronic music in Japan

Recent interview with Moroi Makoto in which he talks a bit about about Mayuzumi too (in Japanese)

Piano Sonata #2, by Moroi Saburō 諸井三郎 (Moroi Makoto's father and an important Japanese composer in his own right)

Ave atque vale!

Last edited by No-sword on 2013-09-15, 14:12; edited 1 time in total
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2013-09-03, 10:33    Post subject: Composer Moroi Makoto dies Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, No-sword.
Apart from typos, I made the mistake that Moroi Makoto was 82 (and not 73). Sorry!

Indeed Ave atque vale!
Kishi Kiyokazu
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-09-12, 06:28    Post subject: Composer Moroi Makoto dies Reply with quote

Hi, No-sword san,
Thank you for your interesting introduction of Video-links.
You wrote:
"Chikurai goshō 竹籟五章 (revised version) performed by Sakai Shōdō 酒井松道 (Ueda-Ryū)"
It may be seen trivial,but Sakai Shodo酒井松道 is the 3rd master of Chikuho-ryu竹保流、not Ueda-ryu.
By the way your information is useful for me.
I run Shakuhachi-playing-study-group(尺八吹奏研究会). I have been studying the shakuhachi and published a text book [尺八吹奏法Ⅱ]. I wish to share with pleasure of playing the shakuhachi with all of the ESS members.
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2013-09-12, 08:23    Post subject: Composer Moroi Makoto dies Reply with quote

Precision is never bad. And good for all of us! Thank you for the correction! Smile
And thank you to No Sword for the video! It is great!!!
No-sword

PostPosted: 2013-09-15, 14:14    Post subject: Composer Moroi Makoto dies Reply with quote

How embarrassing! Absolutely not a trivial thing, thanks for the correction. (I've gone ahead and amended the post too.)
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 16:39    Post subject: Composer Moroi Makoto dies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation