ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
pstl

PostPosted: 2011-04-03, 16:09    Post subject: Hello from Florida Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Excellent forum. Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to continue the experience.

I do want to extend a special thank you to Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ. I've been practicing for the last 8 years and learned everything I needed to stay focused by frequenting the Shakuhachi BBQ. Namaste.

I can probably claim to be the best shakuhachi performer in all of Jacksonville, Florida. That's because I'm probably the only shakuhachiu player in Jacksonville and maybe NE Florida. Very Happy

Anyway, I'm a 57 year old shakuhachi addict with no desire to quit. I continue to discover new sounds and right now I'm working on playing a perfect Tsubaki Saku Mura. I also love to just let go and play whatever comes to mind, fingers, and breath.

Again, thank you for the forum and though I don't post often, I do read it all.

Phil
Erin

PostPosted: 2011-04-03, 18:45    Post subject: Hello from Florida Reply with quote

Hello Phil! Impressive that you`ve been practicing shakuhachi for eight years already (makes my mere two years with the instrument seem quite insignificant, in comparison Crying or Very sad ).

Being located in Florida, have you ever gone to one of Michael Gould`s shakuhachi camps, also held in Florida a few times a year.
pstl

PostPosted: 2011-04-03, 22:27    Post subject: Hello from Florida Reply with quote

Hi Erin.

I didn't state that they were quality years. Embarassed I highly recommend lessons. It's one of those, "if I had to do it over" things. The best instructions I received were at the Michael Gould camps. I wish that I had started with lessons but C'est la vie.

Take care and I look forward to your posts.
chuck56

PostPosted: 2011-04-04, 05:29    Post subject: Hello from Florida Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

Been a very long time since we've talked. Hope you're doing well and best wishes.

Live the moment, be kind and be your self!
Jane Kilthau

PostPosted: 2011-04-04, 20:29    Post subject: Hello from Florida Reply with quote

Hi Phil, HA-RO! Hope to see you at Rockies Camp in June - and you too CHUCK! Jane
chuck56

PostPosted: 2011-04-04, 21:56    Post subject: Hello from Florida Reply with quote

Hi Jane, I'll be at the Rockies Camp, already booked the whole thing. I can't wait always have a great time. I liked you play on words "HA-RO", very cute. Okay

Live the moment, be kind and be your self!
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:46    Post subject: Hello from Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation