ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello Everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
labromberg

PostPosted: 2011-04-03, 16:24    Post subject: Hello Everyone! Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to briefly introduce myself and say thank you for this forum! Although I never was an official member on the Shakuhachi BBQ, yet I enjoyed reading many of the informative posts written by some of you. I am glad to hear that the spirit of the shakuhachi experience and the love of the instrument can be discussed and transmitted on this new forum! I am excited about reading and hopefully contributing.

That being said,

I am 26 years old and teach English in Kumamoto City, Japan. I am new student, and have only being playing and learning since last October. I have the great pleasure and honor to be learning from Jeff Cairns. Aside from learning the shakuhachi from such an astounding player, Jeff has been a very patient and inspiring teacher and I find myself very fortunate to have met him. So far the experience has been incredible. My love for this instrument keeps expanding and I'm looking forward to see where it takes me.

Anyways, thank you again and I look forward to learning lots from all of you.

Cheers,

Leo
Erin

PostPosted: 2011-04-03, 18:41    Post subject: Hello Everyone! Reply with quote

Hey Leo, nice to meet you here. Your enthusiasm for learning to play the shakuhachi if obvious in your post and it's wonderful to see that you have started the process off wisely by hooking up with a skilled teacher. I'm sure Jeff is a delight to learn from and taking lessons from him a very satisfying experience for you.
labromberg

PostPosted: 2011-04-04, 00:48    Post subject: Hello Everyone! Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome Erin! I actually should be thanking you as well for your wonderful blog that I constantly have been checking up on these past few months. I know your blog comes straight from the heart which I always feel as I am reading it. I hope I get a chance to meet you someday. Thank you again.

Cheers,
Leo
Erin

PostPosted: 2011-04-04, 04:09    Post subject: Hello Everyone! Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind words about the blog Leo, glad you find it meaningful. Yes, I look forward to meeting you someday, I simply expect I will for the world is a relatively small place now. Smile
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-04-04, 08:36    Post subject: Hello Everyone! Reply with quote

Hi Leo

Welcome!
Looking forward to hear more about what's happening in Kumamoto!
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 20:46    Post subject: Hello Everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation