ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My first shakuhachi noob video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
kongwee

PostPosted: 2013-11-26, 16:32    Post subject: My first shakuhachi noob video Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

First time trying after about less than 2 month owning my first shakuhachi.
Not a Japanese pieces, but an ancient chinese pieces - 關山月
Lot of mistakes. Embarassed
Nicolas Delhez

PostPosted: 2013-11-26, 20:05    Post subject: My first shakuhachi noob video Reply with quote

Hi kongwee,

You did a great job, I mean it Okay

2 months owning a shakuhachi and get a clear sound in otsu AND kan is encouraging. Keep up the good work.

I'm not so talented but maybe that could help if you checked your posture while playing. And concerning the vibrato, I was told by a teacher that it wasn't to be an "empathic vibrato" controlled by breath like on other flute but was realized by moving your head up and down. More like a succesion of meri-kari-meri-kari, but oher players here are more in a position to spread useful advices here. I'll leave it to them. Wink

Don't hesitate to share your progress, they will be appreciated!

Aldous Huxley
kongwee

PostPosted: 2013-11-27, 16:04    Post subject: My first shakuhachi noob video Reply with quote

Nicolas Delhez wrote:
Hi kongwee,

You did a great job, I mean it Okay

2 months owning a shakuhachi and get a clear sound in otsu AND kan is encouraging. Keep up the good work.

I'm not so talented but maybe that could help if you checked your posture while playing. And concerning the vibrato, I was told by a teacher that it wasn't to be an "empathic vibrato" controlled by breath like on other flute but was realized by moving your head up and down. More like a succesion of meri-kari-meri-kari, but oher players here are more in a position to spread useful advices here. I'll leave it to them. Wink

Don't hesitate to share your progress, they will be appreciated!

Because of the chair, force me to lay down. I was trained in other flute type so it is not that I am talented. Vibrato is just the temporary vibrato I used to. I know about the sideway but it make me giddy. Of course I will slowly translate to that. The utagachi allow a wide angle to manipulate the pitch, why not used it. Sometime you can get a whole tone down and semitone up. Playing with this action create other expression, so I used it.With that I have a choice to do finger slide or head node. It is not technique I can do with other wind instrument I have played with.

Lastly thank you for you comment. I am waiting for my training material to arrive so that I can practice and play the next pieces that I like.
Nicolas Delhez

PostPosted: 2013-11-27, 16:56    Post subject: My first shakuhachi noob video Reply with quote

Hi there,

Yes, I thought about what I wrote since I've posted it and realized that maybe you wasn't expecting this kind of comment. All I was wanting to do is to cheer you. And concerning the few technical remarks I made, they were just, you know, friendly and not haughty at all Mr. Green

Waiting for some news from Singapore

Aldous Huxley
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2013-11-27, 21:09    Post subject: My first shakuhachi noob video Reply with quote

Hello, Kongwee,

Welcome ! Very Happy

It is encouraging in so little time!

Maybe you should post your videos rather in the section " Playpen ", it is dedicated to us, the beginners. Wink

Welcome on the Shakuhachi road.

PostPosted: 2013-11-28, 05:27    Post subject: My first shakuhachi noob video Reply with quote

Plume Blanche wrote:
Hello, Kongwee,

Welcome ! Very Happy

It is encouraging in so little time!

Maybe you should post your videos rather in the section " Playpen ", it is dedicated to us, the beginners. Wink

Welcome on the Shakuhachi road.

I wasn't sure should I post in the Playpen or Media section. I will post it in the Playpen next time!

Thanks!
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2013-11-29, 03:43    Post subject: My first shakuhachi noob video Reply with quote

Can one of the moderators (who knows how to do it, unlike me) move it to Playpen?

Okay Good one Kongwee keep 'em coming!
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2013-11-29, 09:04    Post subject: My first shakuhachi noob video Reply with quote

Hi Kongwee

I have moved your thread here.
For beginners, you can post all the videos you want here. Soon enough you will not feel like a beginner any longer and then you can post it in the Media Centre. Smile

Yes, keep them coming - these videos! And sound files!
Visit poster’s website Skype
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-11-29, 16:18    Post subject: My first shakuhachi noob video Reply with quote

That really great for such a short time of playing!
Visit poster’s website
kongwee

PostPosted: 2014-01-20, 16:04    Post subject: My first shakuhachi noob video Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DYThz8dFq8&feature=youtu.be

Just bought a 8 hole Tang Chiba.
Arrive today and record today.
Don't really play this piece well, cos I working on a Honkyoku piece.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 11:48    Post subject: My first shakuhachi noob video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation