ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory of you clarinet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2014-02-28, 19:51    Post subject: Memory of you clarinet Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
A free interpretation of the song "Memory of you clarinet", without clarinet Question , but with my wooden Shakuhachi Exclamation (2.0).

I worked on it all afternoon.

This is a somewhat worked piece in post-processing, not knowing what notes I was going to play, I had to remove some "hiccups"! Mr. Green

I hope that the result will be pleasant to listen to. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmIrxmuLL7M&list=UUtTC0OUtoCsQYbHWc-1w9…

PostPosted: 2014-03-02, 11:15    Post subject: Memory of you clarinet Reply with quote

Hi Plume

Good to hear you are continuing! Okay

Just curious, have you ever taken any lessons in a Western instrument? The reason for I ask is that - since you did mention in another post that you haven't been progressing as you like recently - I think reading about what the basis is for this kind of music may help you. If you understand the fundamentals new possibilities which you hadn't thought of on your own will open up for you. Smile
Visit poster’s website Skype
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2014-03-02, 14:29    Post subject: Memory of you clarinet Reply with quote

Hello Kiku,

No, I did not take lessons in a western instrument. I have not musical bases, which could actually help me, especially for blues and jazz.
I have a friend who plays the piano and with that I'm talking about music, but it seems so complex. Neutral
Music is a language, composed of so many mathematical elements and rational, it is so complicated! Too much for me.

When we try to play together, our approach is completely different. My friend works his piece in the rules of musical technique, and can play by dropping when the technique of the piece is assimilated.
It is necessary that I take another path, I play the feeling until my body and my brain include the notes that go well.
It happens not too badly when I play a simple melody, when it's more complicated I do a little anything, I admit.

I don't have enough free time to learn the musical technique since the beginning. The other way for me is to play by taking fun to play, and that my body and my brain trying learn gradually what to do! Mr. Green
I think that we can also learn from this way, even if this is not the best and the most rational.
In any case, I think that it is the path which seems to suit best for me, considering the elements which compose my life.

Thank you, Kiku. Very Happy

PostPosted: 2014-03-03, 09:09    Post subject: Memory of you clarinet Reply with quote

I wasn't thinking of you going through the whole Western musical theoretical approach because there is no end to that - and you are after all a shakuhachi player. But I thought every time you feel a little stuck - as you previously wrote, I would perhaps read a little - for example about scales - then explore that with your approach using your ears (which is by the way the best approach - I think). Each time a little more knowledge which could give you a little push forward. I was not seeing you reading through thick music theory books. That would be a waste of time. Smile
Visit poster’s website Skype
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2014-03-03, 12:28    Post subject: Memory of you clarinet Reply with quote

Hi Kiku,

Yes, I understand. Okay It is an excellent idea. That will give me bases all around of which to work. I go there straightaway.

Thank you. Smile

PostPosted: Today at 16:56    Post subject: Memory of you clarinet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation