ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a song recommendation for a new home blessing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō
Previous topic :: Next topic  
chuck56

PostPosted: 2014-03-16, 20:59    Post subject: Need a song recommendation for a new home blessing? Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hello All,

I was wondering, is there a typical shakuhachi song that could be used as a blessing for a new home?

Live the moment, be kind and be your self!
x moran

PostPosted: 2014-03-31, 02:37    Post subject: Need a song recommendation for a new home blessing? Reply with quote

Some interesting discussion here about house blessing in the Shinto tradition: http://community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/34789/26406273/House_blessing….

also a rather fun spirited idea of a new house blessing in Japan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfvxzfp8r-E

For a celebration of just about any kind a little Esashi Oiwake is always appropriate http://www.komuso.com/pieces/pieces.pl?piece=1837

I'd like to hear from some of the teachers and scholars on the Forum regarding your question.

Choshi is used as a kind of blessing piece for new beginnings by various shakuhachi people. That and Esashi Oiwake and I think you could call the bases covered without a bunch of long drawn out stuff which people outside the shakuhachi community would only find confounding if not boring.
Daniel Ryudo
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2014-04-22, 16:16    Post subject: Need a song recommendation for a new home blessing? Reply with quote

I played Hifumi Hachi Gaeshi to bless a friend's new home in a small village in Transylvania, Romania about a decade ago. I don't think any komuso traveled there in the past; I'm sure there was good gypsy music, however. I would also second Moran's suggestion of Choshi. Kumoijishi is an omedetai kyoku or piece played at celebrations; it's short and sweet.
Visit poster’s website
chuck56

PostPosted: 2014-04-23, 03:18    Post subject: Need a song recommendation for a new home blessing? Reply with quote

Hello Moran and Danial, thanks for the advise. I personally love the initial simpleness of Choshi.

Live the moment, be kind and be your self!
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:43    Post subject: Need a song recommendation for a new home blessing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation