ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plastic storage bags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Workshop
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2014-03-28, 14:18    Post subject: Plastic storage bags Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hello,

I am in search of plastic storage bags for Shakuhachi.
I lived in France, and given the high prices of transport from foreign countries towards France, I would like to find this article in France.
Is there among you anybody who gets himself this article in France, and where? I find nothing which looks like it.

Thank you Wink

PostPosted: 2014-04-25, 09:17    Post subject: Plastic storage bags Reply with quote

It can be very tricky to get hold of these long and think plastic bags.... They are hard to get in Japan too unless you buy them expensively + the shipping fee or buy a lot...
Perhaps a job for the ESS to buy in Japan and people can buy at the Summer Schools and other events.... just a thought.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2014-04-25, 11:33    Post subject: Plastic storage bags Reply with quote

It's called poly tubing. You buy a roll of it, and seal it with a heat sealer and you can make as many as you want.
De Fouw

PostPosted: 2014-04-25, 19:39    Post subject: Plastic storage bags Reply with quote

A role of 10 cm. wide polyethylene tubing, 100 micron thick, costs about € 50 + shipping. (€12 inside the Netherlands)
Will make 400 to 600 bags. The heat sealer is costly but i did the trick with the back of a kitchen knife heated just right over a gas flame, swiftly pressing on a flat wooden board.

edit: I should add, I don't actually have such a role of hundreds of meters of bag. -I obtained enough bags for decades from Perry Yung- They last a long time each especially since indeed they are only required in the Netherlands in freezing winter with central heating high, when hygrometer drops below 50-60%
But anyway, if enough players are interested in bags maybe we can set something up as Kiku suggests......

Ciao, Kees

Last edited by De Fouw on 2016-05-16, 16:53; edited 3 times in total
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2014-04-26, 00:45    Post subject: Plastic storage bags Reply with quote

Yeah, I had my own heat sealer for our tea business, so I only had to worry about the poly tubing. However in Australia (and in Netherlands) you don't really need to keep your flutes in plastic.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:57    Post subject: Plastic storage bags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation