ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avoiding feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō
Previous topic :: Next topic  
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2014-04-25, 16:45    Post subject: Avoiding feedback Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
How can i avoid feedback when playing a shakuhachi with headset or normal mic? I am trying to experiment while playing through some filters off my synth but always runs into heavy feedback.
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2014-04-27, 06:51    Post subject: Avoiding feedback Reply with quote

Is it due to the placement of mic and loudspeakers? You have to place mic behind loudspeakers not being in front of them. Could it be this?
Visit poster’s website Skype
S.P.Shepard

PostPosted: 2014-05-01, 06:15    Post subject: Avoiding feedback Reply with quote

Keep the headset as far as possible away from the mic. Also, try turning the mic 90deg.
Markus Guhe

PostPosted: 2014-05-05, 12:13    Post subject: Avoiding feedback Reply with quote

This is not really an answer to your question, but I found the best option to only get the sound from the shakuhachi is use a small mike (e.g. a lapel mike) and position it just inside the bottom hole. (Any simple wire construction with heavy padding to avoid scratching the flute will work to hold it in place.) That also works well enough on a busy stage to avoid interference from (other) loud instruments.
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2014-05-28, 14:02    Post subject: Avoiding feedback Reply with quote

I was thinking about using notch filters. ("feedback killers") to suppress room resonance. But this might kill th eoverall sound as well. Any experince, anybody?
Visit poster’s website
Erin

PostPosted: 2014-06-15, 07:16    Post subject: Avoiding feedback Reply with quote

Shesh...when I saw your subject line about 'avoiding feedback' I thought you meant that you wanted to stay away from folks giving your comments on your shakuhachi playing! Glad to know that it's only a technical equipment issue you are trying to rectify!
S.P.Shepard

PostPosted: 2014-06-15, 07:40    Post subject: Avoiding feedback Reply with quote

Erin wrote:
Shesh...when I saw your subject line about 'avoiding feedback' I thought you meant that you wanted to stay away from folks giving your comments on your shakuhachi playing! Glad to know that it's only a technical equipment issue you are trying to rectify!

Bawhahahaha.....
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2014-06-15, 11:51    Post subject: Avoiding feedback Reply with quote

Erin wrote:

Very Happy Maybe thats the reason why there are nearly no replies to the subject. I have to rethink about using a more postive sounding or clearer formulated subject
Visit poster’s website
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2014-06-15, 11:55    Post subject: Avoiding feedback Reply with quote

S.P.Shepard wrote:

Bawhahahaha.....

Didn't know that you are on this forum. I have some flutes from you.
Visit poster’s website
S.P.Shepard

PostPosted: 2014-06-15, 21:33    Post subject: Avoiding feedback Reply with quote

LowBlow wrote:
S.P.Shepard wrote:

Bawhahahaha.....

Didn't know that you are on this forum. I have some flutes from you.

Cool I haven't been in here for a while.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:49    Post subject: Avoiding feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation