ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Urgent (Kiku Days) eMail Account or forum possibly hacked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2014-05-26, 09:33    Post subject: Urgent (Kiku Days) eMail Account or forum possibly hacked Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Be carefull if you receive an eMail from kikuday(at)gmail.com with :

"SOS!

Sorry for the inconveniences, I am in Limassol,Cyprus. I am here for a
week and I just misplaced my bag containing all my vital items, phone
and money at the Bus station. I need a little help from you.

Thanks
Kiku
"

The return path is not! the sourcepath of the eMail. This is typicall for facked eMails

Kikus eMail is possibly misused.
Visit poster’s website
JF Lagrost
Administrator

PostPosted: 2014-05-26, 14:16    Post subject: Urgent (Kiku Days) eMail Account or forum possibly hacked Reply with quote

Thank you LowBlow. Her email address @gmail.com has been hacked. I'm going to send a message to all Forum members to prevent them. No worry about the Forum, which is healthy.
Visit poster’s website
Rasmus Fugl

PostPosted: 2014-05-26, 16:25    Post subject: Urgent (Kiku Days) eMail Account or forum possibly hacked Reply with quote

So that's why I haven't heard from her for so long.
JF Lagrost
Administrator

PostPosted: 2014-05-26, 17:44    Post subject: Urgent (Kiku Days) eMail Account or forum possibly hacked Reply with quote

The problem is now fixed, Kiku should no longer send calls for help from Cyprius...
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2014-05-27, 07:44    Post subject: Urgent (Kiku Days) eMail Account or forum possibly hacked Reply with quote

Ohhh... so this problem even went to the forum.
Hackers! Sigh! I apologise to those of you who received an email from me about me needing you to send money...
This of course wasn't me - although being in Cypress didn't sound bad...
The hackers changed the reply-to system in my gmail and also changed it to Arabic so it took me hours to regain control of my account. I also had help from a very nice IT shakuhachi player who also helps the ESS with IT issues. So big thanks to those who helped me!
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 20:50    Post subject: Urgent (Kiku Days) eMail Account or forum possibly hacked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation