ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hello and thank you for this new forum from Brooklyn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
C. Yeatman

PostPosted: 2011-04-07, 16:24    Post subject: hello and thank you for this new forum from Brooklyn Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Thanks to ESS and moderators for making this forum available to the world community of Shakuhachi players.

The example of the LaCosse/Tiraku Shakuhachi BBQ seems to be emulated here and I know that I felt a emptiness when the old forum closed.

Special gratitude to Ken and Brian for blazing the trail for all.

My name is Christopher Yeatman and I have been studying with Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin for close to 8 years. Before the fateful moment of beginning shakuhachi study I have many years of study and performance in dance and theater. I earn my living as a carpenter.

The journey has been and continues to be amazing.

I was inspired to study shakuhachi by the life and music of Genji Ito of LaMama Theater here in New York.

Looking forward to further communication.

thank you

C.
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-04-08, 15:24    Post subject: hello and thank you for this new forum from Brooklyn Reply with quote

C. Yeatman wrote:

I was inspired to study shakuhachi by the life and music of Genji Ito of La Mama Theater here in New York.
thank you

C.

Hey Christopher, Genji lives on! At a recent memorial held at Columbia University for Ellen Stewart (founder of La Mama E.T.C.), we were privileged to see some old footage of Ellen and Genji in Cameroon, Africa. This was shot in the 1970's when the La MaMa troupe went to Africa to research the music of the Bayaka (plural for ethnic Pigmy groups of Africa). There on the screen was Genji playing the shakuhachi surrounded by the natives in a dense jungle. It was amazing.
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 17:33    Post subject: hello and thank you for this new forum from Brooklyn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation