ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to play "Ha"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Peter Schreiber

PostPosted: 2014-07-15, 10:08    Post subject: How to play "Ha" Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Dear Forum

After some weeks I now have come to ha (for I'm learning the song Kuro Kami).
It seems to be a quite challenging note especially because I’m not sure how to do this.

In “Blowing zen” ha is done like this:

In “The Shakuhachi, a Manual for Learning” it looks like this:

And in different scales I found ha is like this:

So are there concrete holes to open/close/half close? How to do ha right?

Any advice would be extremely helpful at this point,

Greetings from Germany,

Peter
knowshit

PostPosted: 2014-07-15, 12:53    Post subject: How to play "Ha" Reply with quote

There are a number ways to play ha, including those indicated. Some variations between styles of course.

In Kurokami, the ha that precedes kan no ro is most easily played by closing 1 and 3, partially shading 4, and playing slightly meri (1 being the bottom hole). The ha in the second image is D on a 1.8, top of the kan register. As indicated, crack the 5th hole open a little, and meri a bit. Rearticulate using the 2nd hole.

The third image is a Tozan fingering for ha.
Peter Schreiber

PostPosted: 2014-07-15, 16:36    Post subject: How to play "Ha" Reply with quote

Great, thank you, that makes things a lot clearer! Smile
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 16:37    Post subject: How to play "Ha"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation