ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honshirabe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2014-11-06, 16:31    Post subject: Honshirabe Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
It's been a year that I regularly try to play this piece and I can't make high-pitched sounds.

I am happy because this is the first time that I get to play the whole song.

The treble notes are not very pretty, but it's great anyway for me. Very Happy

Ca fait un an que j'essaie régulièrement de jouer ce morceau et que je n'arrive pas à faire les sons aigus.

Je suis contente parce que c'est la première fois que j'arrive à jouer le morceau en entier.

Les notes aigues ne sont pas très jolies, mais c'est formidable quand même pour moi. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc8bfOIRFB4&list=UUtTC0OUtoCsQYbHWc-1w9…

PostPosted: 2014-11-06, 16:49    Post subject: Honshirabe Reply with quote

I really like this piece! As I am a absolute newbie I can't say nothing about the playing - for me it sounds very professional and I like the sound of your shakuhachi. Also your painting is great. Thanks for sharing!
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2014-11-06, 17:38    Post subject: Honshirabe Reply with quote

Thank you very much Peter Razz

PostPosted: 2014-11-18, 07:35    Post subject: Honshirabe Reply with quote

I'm glad you finally posted a traditional honkyoku piece, I've been waiting a long time for you to do that. What do you mean "The treble notes are not very pretty,........"?- I think your Kan register sounds great, very pure and clear. I've been playing over 3 1/2 years and I would KILL to get the sound you have in Kan. But then again I have the bad shakuhachi lips Perry Young writes about. Anyway, great job, I'm looking forward to hearing more of your honkyoku pieces.
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2014-11-18, 20:24    Post subject: Honshirabe Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind comment, noodles. Very Happy

I am satisfied because I manage to make the least difficult notes of the Kan register today. But it is going to need for me even for a long time before they are attractive, that is for me, soft and fluid.

I made a training course of two days with Christophe GASTON recently, and I work on the Kan register since a few weeks. This advice is precious and are going to help me to improve my playing.

That has me allowed to become aware that I had taken, in self-taught, of bad habits that I have to rectify and that I work regularly the Kan register, what I did not make before, because I deafened myself by playing, what did not motivate me a lot to persevere.

I discover notes which I do not well manage to make but I now know how it is necessary to take itself to play them there. I make quite small progress, but I think that in the long run they are going to have their fruits.

I find that the Kan register asks for a relentless work, in any case for me, with regard to Otsu register. It is not maybe similar for everybody. In any case for me, it is really a work of patience.

Play, play and replay the same notes, so that from time to time, a miracle occurs and so that that takes place like that should.

I think of being a little disabled with the Kan register, I find it so difficult, especially in half-notes.

There is a few weeks I wondered if I did not have to admit that Shakuhachi was too difficult for me.

Thanks to Christophe GASTON, and also to Jean-Luc PEILHON who took care of all the organization of this weekend, I took back hope in possible progress. That made me the good, I needed it.

If you have problems as me with kan, the solution it is to work this register regularly and for a long time in my opinion. It will maybe be long, but you will arrive there, it is the good news.

Do not drop, Noodles, hang on ! Okay
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2014-11-18, 22:14    Post subject: Honshirabe Reply with quote

Great plume blanche ;-) Lots of new things happened! Thank you but you did the job and I am impressed by the rapid progress in the sound!
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2014-11-19, 11:24    Post subject: Honshirabe Reply with quote

Wink

PostPosted: 2014-11-21, 21:28    Post subject: Honshirabe Reply with quote

Ah yes...
I like this much more Okay
Thankyou.
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2014-11-24, 14:33    Post subject: Honshirabe Reply with quote

Thank you Tenderfoot Wink

PostPosted: Today at 13:59    Post subject: Honshirabe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation