ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hanko identification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
david

PostPosted: 2014-11-28, 21:24    Post subject: hanko identification Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Hello all, I recently received an Edo period shakuhachi with the above markings on it. It looks to me like a very crude hanko. Can anyone tell me what it means?

PostPosted: 2014-11-29, 12:17    Post subject: hanko identification Reply with quote

ゲ which is a katagana (one of the two Japanese syllable alphabets) and pronounced "ge".
That is how it looks to me.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Kishi Kiyokazu
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2014-12-10, 15:10    Post subject: unknown hanko is chinese charactor Take(bamboo) Reply with quote

It reads "Take 竹" (kanji)chinese charactor.
Left half is a half of 竹(Take:bamboo), and the right is a mark of the similer(〃).
So that is 竹.
But it's not a hanko. It's a curved one.(probably carved by a knife)
Ordinary shakuhachi makers use yakiinn(the heated iron with letter).
By the way this old shakuhachi is very interesting for me.
I'm curious to listen to that tone.
I run Shakuhachi-playing-study-group(尺八吹奏研究会). I have been studying the shakuhachi and published a text book [尺八吹奏法Ⅱ]. I wish to share with pleasure of playing the shakuhachi with all of the ESS members.
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2014-12-16, 20:15    Post subject: hanko identification Reply with quote

Wow! I didn't know you could do repeat signs for a part of a kanji. Learning something new every day!
Thanks, Kishi! Smile
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:48    Post subject: hanko identification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation