ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transport (insurance) for shaku from Japan maker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Joachim Paul

PostPosted: 2015-02-13, 17:26    Post subject: Transport (insurance) for shaku from Japan maker Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi to all,

I'm a beginner and will start my lessons very soon. I shall start with a PVC shaku, since purchasing a real one takes time (my teachers and mine). But one day a decision must be made. In case I decide to purchase one - thru my teacher, of coz - for example in Japan (he's got some connections, he said), how can I be sure that the instrument reaches my w/o cracks or other transport related issues?

Is there anyone out there with experience on that? - Hopefully good. What if a big bang happens during transport. Even if there is a insurance, how to claim over that distance? And worst of all, it cost time (and extra money).

Or does this problem not exist at all Question

Your insides would be appreciated.
Visit poster’s website
Eugene

PostPosted: 2015-02-13, 19:06    Post subject: Transport (insurance) for shaku from Japan maker Reply with quote

I purchased mine from a teacher in the US (not my own, perhaps unwisely on my part) who received it from a maker in Osaka. The teacher wrapped the shakuhachi (separated into two parts) in plastic with a damp paper towel, then packaged it well such that there were no cracks or other damage when I received it. It was sent using Fedex, so I suppose that I would have had a better chance of claiming if something did go wrong, whereas the normal postal service might be more iffy.
Visit poster’s website
felix martens

PostPosted: 2015-02-13, 20:43    Post subject: Transport (insurance) for shaku from Japan maker Reply with quote

I've had several flutes posted to me, and have posted several. I've always used tracked postal services and haven't had a mishap yet. If it comes from a reputable dealer there should be no problem. And.......relax.
Peter Schreiber

PostPosted: 2015-02-13, 22:24    Post subject: Transport (insurance) for shaku from Japan maker Reply with quote

I had always luck. First I bought two shakus from a german maker, two via ebay (yesss I know but I had luck and they were cheap but good quality...for me as a beginner Wink )and finally one from a member of this forum.
They were always good packed, secured and came safely to me. One of the best packing was from this forum - member ( yerasimosd ) who wrapped it all in bubble wrapping and enclose a damp paper towel.
So the question is - for me - how precious/ expensive is the flute? A 200 Euro - flute will not THAT big loss if it gets damaged, a 2000 Euro flute is something completly different.
You have the oportunity to unpack your packet in the very moment when it arives (and the packet guy is standing next to you) so that you can claim any transport - damage at this moment.If it is broken you can return it, or manage some refund from the company.
Joachim Paul

PostPosted: 2015-02-13, 22:42    Post subject: Transport (insurance) for shaku from Japan maker Reply with quote

Thanks alot. So I will relax and let happen whatever will come.
Visit poster’s website
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2015-02-14, 12:23    Post subject: Transport (insurance) for shaku from Japan maker Reply with quote

I've never had a problem, neither sending nor receipt from foreign countries. Smile

PostPosted: 2015-02-14, 17:15    Post subject: Transport (insurance) for shaku from Japan maker Reply with quote

Joachim Paul wrote:
So I will relax and let happen whatever will come.

Yes, I find that I can play shakuhachi better when I relax Smile
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:54    Post subject: Transport (insurance) for shaku from Japan maker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation