ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hitting the note.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
felix martens

PostPosted: 2015-02-17, 10:32    Post subject: Hitting the note. Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
It's clear enough on an ordinary tuner if I blow Ro accurately as D. If I use the downloaded shakuhachi tuner Ro appears as Ro over a fairly wide range before it appears in its flat form or shape shifts to tsu meri. I aim to practice it in its "purest" form but is the wide range on the tuner a reflection of the idea that Ro, or any of the notes on a shakuhachi, is acceptable as a "wide" note?
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2015-02-17, 11:28    Post subject: Hitting the note. Reply with quote

No. This is an software/hardware issue or maybe a feature? Think about playing in a duet. Then your pitch have to be spot on.
Visit poster’s website
felix martens

PostPosted: 2015-02-17, 18:20    Post subject: Hitting the note. Reply with quote

Clear enough LowBlow! Thanks.
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2015-02-17, 21:44    Post subject: Hitting the note. Reply with quote

I use a hardware tuner (Chromatic tuner Korg LCA-120) with a continuous pointer. This is very useful. You can "see" your pitch changing while moving your head, your flute or do half holing or what ever. Very versatile when checking your pitch.
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 15:22    Post subject: Hitting the note.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation