ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Austin, Texas USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
jamesnyman

PostPosted: 2011-04-08, 19:22    Post subject: Hello from Austin, Texas USA Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
My name is James Nyman. I am a retired special education teacher and live in Austin, Texas. Besides shakuhachi, other passions in my life are chess, cycling and golf.

I loved the sound of the shakuhachi for years...mainly from listening to Riley Lee tapes and CDs. Having never played a musical instrument, I decided to take up the shakuhachi when I retired. It was much more difficult than I imagined. It took me quite some time to make any sound. Now I have memorized two pieces...Kyorei and Choshi...and play them along with robuki and improv. I often try to play along with CDs. I sometimes play in my wife's office building while I wait for her...this is mostly met with smiles and inquires. I play every day. It helps me center myself and brings me peace.

PostPosted: 2011-04-11, 11:58    Post subject: Hello from Austin, Texas USA Reply with quote

HI James
Nice to hear about he beginning of your shakuhachi journey. Letøs hear much more along the way.
I hope you will enjoy it!
Feel free to ask about anything you want here... Wink
Visit poster’s website Skype
Chris Stetson

PostPosted: 2011-04-11, 19:34    Post subject: Hello from Austin, Texas USA Reply with quote

Hello, James, and welcome.
I'm in the USA, though way up here in MA. I sometimes travel to see relatives in San Antonio, though, and will try to be in touch when I do!

PostPosted: Today at 17:33    Post subject: Hello from Austin, Texas USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation