ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One Moment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2015-05-24, 16:34    Post subject: One Moment Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Shakuhachi today's playing.

Jinashi 1.8 and sounds made with GoMixit.

Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfhdQntueu4

PostPosted: 2015-05-30, 11:18    Post subject: One Moment Reply with quote

Hi Plume,

I enjoyed that.. you improve all the time Okay
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2015-05-30, 13:10    Post subject: One Moment Reply with quote

Hi Tenderfoot,

You are very kind.

I try to make progress. After 3 years and a half to play without a teacher, I finally admitted that I could not do it alone.

I like to discover things by myself without being told me how I should do. I thought that it would take more time, but I'll get there.

I am obliged to note that the time and enthusiasm are not enough.

Since then, I did a training course of 2 days with Christophe Gaston, and I took 2 lessons by Skype, and I will continue the lessons with him.

I'll also go to the meeting of Shakuhachi in Paris early July.

I think that things are going to unlock little by little, I will play better and I'll be able to read and follow a score in rhythm, which is a true calvary today.

Having no musical basis, I am only able to improvise or try to reproduce pieces by listening, which has its limits when one is not musician.

Thank you for your comment. Razz

PostPosted: 2015-05-30, 13:44    Post subject: One Moment Reply with quote

It is true, that there is too much that has been learned collectively, to learn by ones self in a single life time.
And right here at the beginning we can take leaps and bounds from tuition and limit a lot of struggling.

I have much less time on the shakuhachi than you and have been studying for work at the same time. That has limited my playing time and prevented me from being too active on the forum.
But I did take a lesson last year and I carry those learnings every time I do get the chance to pick it up.
My study has now finished so I will have more time and will attempt to re establish lessons.
How do you find skype? I'm not sure it feels personal enough to me but I understand it is surely better than no lessons if you don't have a tutor that you can visit.
I have to travel 60 miles for a lesson but I think a 2 hour hour lesson every 3 months is a good start and I will see what happens from there.

I'm glad you share your music and paintings Okay

I would have liked to get to Paris but I will be in Spain on holiday at the time...maybe next time!
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2015-05-30, 14:57    Post subject: One Moment Reply with quote

I am happy for you whom you can dedicate now more time to Shakuhachi.

I was not attracted by Skype, but it is great when we have no professor next to at home.

But if you have the possibility of seeing a professor, I think that it is better. The contact is different, and your professor sees better what you are doing.

You will see naturally afterward if you want to take lessons more often.

The meeting of ESS Shakuhachi is in a diffrent city of Europe every year. Maybe next time!

Okay

PostPosted: 2015-05-30, 20:02    Post subject: One Moment Reply with quote

Plume Blanche wrote:

The meeting of ESS Shakuhachi is in a diffrent city of Europe every year. Maybe next time!

Okay

Indeed!
I also missed the one in Prague through finances and getting to hear of it too late to save.
That looked good.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 17:23    Post subject: One Moment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation