ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mountain and Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2015-08-05, 17:22    Post subject: Mountain and Moon Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Shakuhachi Jinashi 1.8 (with reverb) and strings made with my computer.

Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RalaHnPYGQA

PostPosted: 2015-08-12, 09:29    Post subject: Mountain and Moon Reply with quote

Hi Plume! I think in French you say "T'as du cran".
You are admirable in the way you keep putting your creations up for inspection.
In this vast echo chamber that is the ESS Forum there seems to be little appetite for criticism either positive or negative.
I know there's no obligation on anyone's part to post anything but I think that in terms of mutual communication this forum barely has a pulse.
People post "for sale" items or tell us when there is a concert, etc,etc, but so many self introductions or beginners questions are left hanging in the air.
There is not, it seems, a generosity of spirit amongst the vast majority of experienced players, who must have struggled themselves, but have clearly either forgotten or have become too virtuous in their approach to think of helping those coming up from behind.
There are exceptions like Kiku or Perry who appear now and then with a gem of advice.
As I write this I can almost promise you that hardly any reply to my words will arrive.

Plume...I had to listen to your piece several times before I discerned something for me in it....I was at first preoccupied with the flatter tones with I found discordant but as I listened further a mourning melancholy emerged that I found drew me into the sound. I won't say it was easy listening but for me something compelling emerged which challenged me.

As I said, I respect your openness in offering your pieces, and I have to admit that I found this one difficult to approach, but since you put these pieces forward you deserve a reply and I hope you keep transmitting into the "deep space" of the ESS Forum.
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2015-08-12, 11:24    Post subject: Mountain and Moon Reply with quote

Hi Felix,

Thank you to have made the effort to listen to my piece several times, and to speak your mind. Okay

I have no merit to post a piece on the forum or somewhere else. I leave simply the principle that if hundred people listen to it, there will be maybe a person who is going to appreciate it.

I did well to post this piece because beyond the technical errors, you were able to feel what I wanted to express, and it's good.

I have not enough technique for the moment to be able to express the way I feel as I would want it, but I express it all the same. It doesn't matter if that does not interest a lot of people.

From a more general and philosophic point of view, the way is long, and if there are many pebbles on the road, to meet a flower from time to time is enough to keep the desire to continue on the way.

Thank you, Felix. Very Happy

PostPosted: 2015-10-23, 22:21    Post subject: Mountain and Moon Reply with quote

Okay
Plume Blanche

PostPosted: 2015-10-24, 13:23    Post subject: Mountain and Moon Reply with quote

Tenderfoot wrote:
Okay

Wink

PostPosted: 2016-01-14, 14:28    Post subject: Mountain and Moon Reply with quote

Lovely, thanks for sharing that. Smile

Live the moment, be kind and be your self!
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 13:56    Post subject: Mountain and Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation