ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1.8 Jinashi two piece shakuhachi made by Seikado

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
wildhenry

PostPosted: 2016-12-10, 18:21    Post subject: 1.8 Jinashi two piece shakuhachi made by Seikado Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi,
I'm new to the forum but not to the shakuhachi.I have studied for a number of years until my Kazan Zenmura 1.8 split!
I had it repaired but in never really played well again so sadly I lost interest and sold it.
I really regretted it now that I am inspired to play again but have not got an instrument.
I have seen for sale a vintage 1.8 two piece jinashi made by Kitahara Seikado around 1940.
Anyone any ideas if it's a good purchase or not as I haven't got the opportunity to try it!

Cheers,
Wildhenry.

PostPosted: 2016-12-10, 19:00    Post subject: 1.8 Jinashi two piece shakuhachi made by Seikado Reply with quote

Never buy a flute without auditing it. You can waste a lot money this way. It might be a good flute but it might not fit your needs or your expectations soundwise or in handling.
Visit poster’s website
wildhenry

PostPosted: 2016-12-10, 19:41    Post subject: 1.8 Jinashi two piece shakuhachi made by Seikado Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks I agree totally with your advice the problem I have here in the UK is that there are never any shakuhachi for sale.
They are always in the USA or Australia and other far off lands!
When I bought my Zenmura 1.8 I had the luxury of trying out many flutes at the late Dan Mayers house in the UK before selecting the one that suited me.
Now I'm at a loss as to how to buy one apart from spending a huge amount of money in travel expenses not to mention the time to get the right flute!

Help!
Wildhenry.

PostPosted: 2016-12-10, 20:26    Post subject: 1.8 Jinashi two piece shakuhachi made by Seikado Reply with quote

This is a common problem. I bought my flutes from my teacher or fellow Shakuhachi players. All sellers agreed to an audition before the final payment. In this case it is a matter of trust. The only expense was for the shipping. Look for a teacher in UK who can sell you a flute. Or for sellers which allows for audition or with payback guarantee. A good bet is the ESS in 2017. There will be sellers with flutes to try. Maybe in London at SOAS. The place is no fixed for now. It might be elsewhere. It is always a good visit for Shakuhachi players to meet up.
Visit poster’s website
Jam

PostPosted: 2016-12-18, 01:39    Post subject: 1.8 Jinashi two piece shakuhachi made by Seikado Reply with quote

There aren't too many of us here in the U.K.! I'd suggest if you want something to practice with in the meantime then a Yuu might be worth getting, I'm sure it'll feel like a step backwards particularly after playing bamboo but may be a sensible stopgap Smile
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 20:44    Post subject: 1.8 Jinashi two piece shakuhachi made by Seikado

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation