ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fingering for Bb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chrisk5555

PostPosted: 2017-02-09, 06:27    Post subject: Fingering for Bb Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
I tried searching for this subject on the forum, but the search criteria 'Bb' is too short for our search engine. Over the years I have tried several fingerings in the attempt to get a clear and strong (ish) Bb on the 1.8. I need it for western music I like to play. I'm not sure it is possible for me to get a strong Bb note, although I have seen youtube geniuses who do. Anybody have any tips or tricks to help in coaxing this note out of the bamboo? Thanks.
JF Lagrost
Administrator

PostPosted: 2017-02-20, 12:10    Post subject: Fingering for Bb Reply with quote

In kan register : use san-no-u fingering instead of ri-no-meri.

In otsu register : you'll probably obtain better results with keeping 1 and 2 opened on ri-no-meri fingering. In western or modern music in sometimes use 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 (only 4 opened) : not the most stable fingering but interesting color in some contexts. For a very strong Bb in otsu register the best option is chi-no-kari, but it may be a bit tricky to obtain in tune with nice sound.
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 16:48    Post subject: Fingering for Bb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation