ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A chance to buy a Tom Deaver Shakuhachi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
ThomasHealy

PostPosted: 2017-04-06, 23:50    Post subject: A chance to buy a Tom Deaver Shakuhachi. Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
So I just started lessons with a teacher and I have the opportunity to purchase a 2-piece Tom Deaver Shakuhachi for $600. It was looked over and tuned by Perry Yung recently. Is this a good deal? I have a Yung meditation flute now but really would like to have a classic 1.8.
barry_g

PostPosted: 2017-04-07, 13:06    Post subject: A chance to buy a Tom Deaver Shakuhachi. Reply with quote

It sounds great but can you post a photo? Have you played it?
ThomasHealy

PostPosted: 2017-04-07, 17:00    Post subject: A chance to buy a Tom Deaver Shakuhachi. Reply with quote

Yes I have played it for a few days. As a beginner I can not really do it justice yet. But my teacher has played it and it sounds amazing. There are some repaired cracks but they don't seem to effect the sound/playability at all. I've attached a pic.
ThomasHealy

PostPosted: 2017-04-07, 17:01    Post subject: A chance to buy a Tom Deaver Shakuhachi. Reply with quote

I don't think the pictures uploaded. Here is a link to them. https://imgur.com/a/PYFGt
barry_g

PostPosted: 2017-04-07, 18:40    Post subject: A chance to buy a Tom Deaver Shakuhachi. Reply with quote

You might email Perry and ask him about value etc. Your flute looks very similar to my Tom Deaver 1.8 (except no cracks on mine) - that's the matching hanko from mine as my profile pic. I've been playing less than a year, but love my flute. I'd buy it if I were you, pending a thumbs up on the value from someone in the know.
ThomasHealy

PostPosted: 2017-04-07, 18:43    Post subject: A chance to buy a Tom Deaver Shakuhachi. Reply with quote

barry_g wrote:
You might email Perry and ask him about value etc. Your flute looks very similar to my Tom Deaver 1.8 (except no cracks on mine) - that's the matching hanko from mine as my profile pic. I've been playing less than a year, but love my flute. I'd buy it if I were you, pending a thumbs up on the value from someone in the know.

Thanks that's a good idea. I appreciate that info.
barry_g

PostPosted: 2017-04-07, 18:53    Post subject: A chance to buy a Tom Deaver Shakuhachi. Reply with quote

please send me a pm after you sort it all out and let me know what you decided Smile
ThomasHealy

PostPosted: 2017-04-07, 19:03    Post subject: A chance to buy a Tom Deaver Shakuhachi. Reply with quote

Will do. I have to say I am certainly leaning towards buying it.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 00:33    Post subject: A chance to buy a Tom Deaver Shakuhachi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation