ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Hanko ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Museum
Previous topic :: Next topic  
AndrewR

PostPosted: 2017-10-28, 04:09    Post subject: Help with Hanko ... Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi All,

First time poster here - joined a few months ago and have been lurking in the search engine on and off for a while. I'm a long time musician and basically a beginner on shakuhachi.

I have picked up a few flutes recently and surprised myself by actually being able to tell the difference between their playing characteristics (to a very small extent). I think it's actually helping my playing to test them out - geting into the third octave now! Anyway just wondered if anyone could shed some light on the various hanko. I think I've identified one as Takeharu but the rest are a mystery to me.

Two of the flutes have two markings.

Here's one flute in any case:

Last edited by AndrewR on 2017-10-30, 00:20; edited 1 time in total
AndrewR

PostPosted: 2017-10-28, 04:13    Post subject: Help with Hanko ... Reply with quote

Here's another. I think both these markings are the same but worn away in one spot.

This one seems to play very easily - to my beginner chops anyway - so I'm interested to find out what the markings mean. Tuning seems to be close to C#. It's a little sharp (but only a little) which makes me wonder if it should be D actually but that I'm not good enough to make that happen.

Last edited by AndrewR on 2017-10-31, 02:46; edited 1 time in total
AndrewR

PostPosted: 2017-10-28, 04:15    Post subject: Help with Hanko ... Reply with quote

And here's what I think is the Takeharu:

Last edited by AndrewR on 2017-10-30, 00:20; edited 1 time in total
AndrewR

PostPosted: 2017-10-29, 02:12    Post subject: Help with Hanko ... Reply with quote

Oops - that last one was wrong, I uploaded the wrong pic. Here's what I think is Takeharu:

AndrewR

PostPosted: 2017-10-31, 02:47    Post subject: Help with Hanko ... Reply with quote

Tumbleweeds? Very Happy
Lindsay

PostPosted: 2017-10-31, 06:59    Post subject: Help with Hanko ... Reply with quote

AndrewR wrote:
Tumbleweeds? Very Happy

Pretty much.

Can't read the first one, might be Yodo. The others are Shu and Fujita.
AndrewR

PostPosted: 2017-11-01, 00:28    Post subject: Help with Hanko ... Reply with quote

Thanks Lindsay. I'll use that info and do a bit of research. Can't say it means much to me at this stage though.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 07:37    Post subject: Help with Hanko ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Museum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation