ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello Again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
RickM

PostPosted: 2011-04-23, 16:25    Post subject: Hello Again! Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Whew! I found it!

I knew there had to be a new forum somewhere but I wasn't having any luck finding it. I was hoping there would be an announcement on the BBQ's homepage. My thanks to Perry Yung for putting a link to this forum on his blog.

After going through forum withdrawals when the BBQ closed, I decided that it might be beneficial to be free from all outside influences and to travel the shakuhachi path alone for awhile, kind of like a cleansing fast or a spiritual retreat in solitude. But now, although I do think it was beneficial, I feel that there's so much to gain from being part of a community that I don't want to do without it. It's good to be back.

I'm still very much a beginner at shakuhachi. Actually, I'm not really trying to get better at playing pieces. But I do want to get better at playing expressively. What I mean is that I can't always get the flute to sing the song that's in my soul at that moment. My embouchure fails or my technique is too lacking or something else happens.

I only have a few cheap flutes but one of my favorites is a Yuu that has the holes covered. I like to just play Ro while pouring as much expressiveness as possible into it. It's very satisfying at times.

So the journey continues...

My thanks and appreciation to everyone at ESS for this forum!

Rick
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-04-24, 07:32    Post subject: Hello Again! Reply with quote

Hi Rick

Welcome to the forum and great you found it. Okay
Looking forward to hear more form your shakuhachi journey!

Happy spring holidays!
Visit poster’s website Skype
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-04-25, 16:06    Post subject: Hello Again! Reply with quote

Hi Rick! So glad to hear that someone is reading my blog Confused
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:52    Post subject: Hello Again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation