ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Software for shakuhachi playing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Jarle Jivanmukta

PostPosted: 2011-04-27, 16:22    Post subject: Software for shakuhachi playing. Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Maybe this can be a thread where other people can add more software tips.

http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~tuner/tuner_e.html
I am only familiar with syaku8, and can not explain how to use the others :-)

I am happy to hear about iphone software that is relevant, so far I use metronome called "tempo", and tuner called "Cleartune".

Jarle
JF Lagrost
Administrator

PostPosted: 2011-04-27, 21:57    Post subject: Software for shakuhachi playing. Reply with quote

I use Cleartune too, great app.
Visit poster’s website
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2011-04-29, 21:00    Post subject: Software for shakuhachi playing. Reply with quote

Have a look at Krecord (LINUX). You can see the spectral distribution of your flute (harmonics) Very interesting
Visit poster’s website
Michael Komatsuzen
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-04-29, 21:08    Post subject: Software for shakuhachi playing. Reply with quote

Another vote for Cleartune - and one for Capo. I use these on an ipod touch 3g

On my laptop I use Transcribe! when learning new pieces.
garyc

PostPosted: 2011-04-29, 21:34    Post subject: Nice iphone app for shakuhachi is Trace Tuner Reply with quote

I use Trace Tuner on my IPhone 3GS allot when playing and tuning a flute. It's a tuner with both a trace function ( good for seeing stability of your notes) and a frequency spectrum output ( useful for flute making to see harmonics ) and low price if you have a Iphone. It in the app store, I think $0.99 US, money well spent from my experience.

I hope to see syaku8 and S8tunes on the iphone some day! Or a apps with similar features. It's far easier to have my iphone than drag a laptop around, hope a good app writer is listening......
JF Lagrost
Administrator

PostPosted: 2011-04-30, 15:17    Post subject: Software for shakuhachi playing. Reply with quote

Thank you Garyc, I just tried Trace Tuner on my iPhone, I think it will be useful to show frequency spectrum to my students during lessons. Price on French iTunes : 0,79 €.
Visit poster’s website
iontichy

PostPosted: 2011-05-15, 17:39    Post subject: Software for shakuhachi playing. Reply with quote

I have tried Smart Music, there are (very few) exercises available for Alto Recorder. Didn't really work all that well.

PostPosted: 2011-06-02, 10:58    Post subject: Software for shakuhachi playing. Reply with quote

I use Linux, and I did a little bit of research on software I could use. I found some tuner software:

Hopefully I will have some time to try these soon.

Maybe later I will also find notation fonts to use. If not, I think I can make them.
Visit poster’s website
asmanien

PostPosted: 2014-02-03, 21:26    Post subject: Software for shakuhachi playing. Reply with quote

There is a free shakuhachi app for Windows:

http://shakuhachi.azurewebsites.net/

which supports both Kinko and Tozan notation, midi output, ...
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 19:19    Post subject: Software for shakuhachi playing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation