ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free online Tanpura

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2011-03-22, 23:52    Post subject: Free online Tanpura Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Here's a link to a free online tanpura. You can just jam along with the drones. Tip: open more than one window and play multiples for a better sound.

http://www.anubodh.com/tanpura_for_bansuri.htm
AndrewJilin

PostPosted: 2011-03-23, 08:57    Post subject: Free online Tanpura Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll use it!
Visit poster’s website Skype
Mark A

PostPosted: 2011-03-24, 09:57    Post subject: Free online Tanpura Reply with quote

Thanks,really fun

PostPosted: 2011-04-03, 12:46    Post subject: Other drones and another instrument. Reply with quote

Thanks very much. On a similar note has anyone else come across Ellen Fullman's invention, 'The Long String Instrument'? It consists of a hundred strings suspended at waist height - the longest bass being 90 feet long. The rest are clamped to 'capo' different lengths and pitches. Three players walk around the strings and stroke with fingers covered with rosin. Very beautiful long vibrations and pitched coventiently in 'C' for tonal 2.4 stuff. Play along with any flute depending on how avant your garde is though.
The CD I have is: Ellen Fullman 'Change of Direction' on New Albion Records NA 102 CD - I got it off Amazon - amazing quite loud, some of it quite dissonant.
Sergey Maksymenko

PostPosted: 2011-04-05, 08:07    Post subject: Re: Free online Tanpura Reply with quote

Brian Tairaku Ritchie wrote:
Here's a link to a free online tanpura. You can just jam along with the drones. Tip: open more than one window and play multiples for a better sound.

http://www.anubodh.com/tanpura_for_bansuri.htm

Thank you Brian!
Steve Miller wrote:
Thanks very much. On a similar note has anyone else come across Ellen Fullman's invention, 'The Long String Instrument'? It consists of a hundred strings suspended at waist height - the longest bass being 90 feet long. The rest are clamped to 'capo' different lengths and pitches. Three players walk around the strings and stroke with fingers covered with rosin. Very beautiful long vibrations and pitched coventiently in 'C' for tonal 2.4 stuff. Play along with any flute depending on how avant your garde is though.
The CD I have is: Ellen Fullman 'Change of Direction' on New Albion Records NA 102 CD - I got it off Amazon - amazing quite loud, some of it quite dissonant.

Thank you Steve!I'll look through Amazon.

PostPosted: 2011-04-12, 02:29    Post subject: Free online Tanpura Reply with quote

Thanks for the tanpura link, Brian. I tried it today. Fun!

PostPosted: 2011-04-28, 22:36    Post subject: Free online Tanpura Reply with quote

Tanpura software, or for mobile, java enabled...
http://www.yourtanpura.co.nr/
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 20:45    Post subject: Free online Tanpura

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation