ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Scotland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Mark Bateson

PostPosted: 2011-05-18, 15:39    Post subject: Hello from Scotland Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Just thought i'd introduce myself quickly while i'm on here, busy day. I received my first shakuhachi yesterday so i'm just getting started, it's a beautiful instrument from Perry Yung. Until now i've mostly played ukulele, udu and didgeridoo, kind of an odd mix i know. I got into the shakuhachi a while ago but only recently had the spare cash to buy one and now i'm trying to learn as much as i can, without a teacher for now but i'll keep looking. Because of where i live its probably going to be easiest to find a teacher online i think.
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-05-19, 09:30    Post subject: Hello from Scotland Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Mark.
Nice to "meet" you!
Yes, there are no teacher in Scotland as far as I know - unfortunately. I thin now you have to come down to London to find one.
Please also check out the European Shakuhachi Society's Summer School this year, which will be held at SOAS, London:
http://shakuhachisummer-soas.com/

Good luck on your shakuhachi journey! Enjoy! Smile
Visit poster’s website Skype
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-05-19, 16:42    Post subject: Hello from Scotland Reply with quote

Hello Mark, Good to see you here. Attending a shakuhachi camp, workshop or retreat, as Kiku suggested would a good idea as you will exposed to many different approaches to playing. Then, you can follow the one that speaks to you. You'll get enough material to last until the next camp!

Please feel free to ask any questions here or directly.

Thanks again, Perry
Visit poster’s website
Mark Bateson

PostPosted: 2011-05-20, 19:46    Post subject: Hello from Scotland Reply with quote

Thanks nice to meet you too, i'm really gonna try and make it, looks really good, i'll know by next week. I've been practicing a lot from the book you sent me Perry with my shakuhachi. Its helping me a lot but teacher is the best way to know when you've got it right, Gonna try practicing a bit more now, hope to speak again soon, take it easy
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 17:29    Post subject: Hello from Scotland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation