ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gin Mei Kai 80th anniversary concert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-05-22, 02:56    Post subject: Gin Mei Kai 80th anniversary concert Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Greetings All, if you are in Tokyo on May29th, you have the opportunity to catch a star-studded hogaku cast performing in the 80th anniversary concert of the jiuta shamisen/koto group GinMei Kai headed by Fujii Hirokazu with Fujii Akiko at Kokuritsu Kaikan (National Theater). Aside from the Fujiis this concert will feature 4 living national treasures of Japan (人間国宝): Aoki Reibo, Yanase Shouin, Yamamoto Hozan and Yonekawa Toshiko. Also appearing on shakuhachi will be Aoki Shoji, Kawase Junsuke, Kawase Yousuke, Kobayashi Reijo, Tsurugi Kodo, Doi Genzan, Matsumura Houmei, and the list goes on. 27 pieces will be performed in this event. Personally, I'm envious of anybody who can attend.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2011-05-22, 08:21    Post subject: Gin Mei Kai 80th anniversary concert Reply with quote

Jeff Cairns wrote:
Personally, I'm envious of anybody who can attend.

Why don't you go and then tell all of us about it later?
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-05-22, 10:55    Post subject: Gin Mei Kai 80th anniversary concert Reply with quote

Well Brian, aside from the 50,000 yen + price tag that would accompany that concert, I committed to play in a golf tournament before I heard of the concert. So, I'll have to rely on my sensei's first hand commentary afterward since he's playing in it. I'll report on what he says. Mr. Green
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2011-05-22, 13:35    Post subject: Gin Mei Kai 80th anniversary concert Reply with quote

Golf trumps shakuhachi. Okay
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-05-22, 15:02    Post subject: Gin Mei Kai 80th anniversary concert Reply with quote

not exactly...prior commitment combined with excessive expenditure trumps future passion...but then, I'm completely sure I'll enjoy the round, too.
Glenn Shōyū Swann

PostPosted: 2011-05-23, 14:13    Post subject: Gin Mei Kai 80th anniversary concert Reply with quote

wow!!!!!!!!! my goodness that's a lineup! but i won't be there 'til July....oh well..... Evil or Very Mad
Is the same, falling in streams
On the tiles, all through the night.
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:53    Post subject: Gin Mei Kai 80th anniversary concert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation