ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blowing Zen - Ray Brooks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Gianni Pascuzzi

PostPosted: 2011-05-25, 02:03    Post subject: Blowing Zen - Ray Brooks Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Ray Brooks' book "Blowing Zen" originally published in 2000, is now in print again in a revised edition (May 16, 2011) containing a new chapter, updated epilogue, and afterword, and also contains photos throughout the book.

More info on Erin's blog http://ashakuhachijourney.blogspot.com/2011/05/news-flash-blowing-zen-2011-edition-now.html as well as a link to a short interview he did with Ray last year.

I read the original version before I got into Shakuhachi, and found reading about his journey on his way to living a Shakuhachi Life very interesting and informative, so it will be cool to revisit it and read it again, knowing what I've learned so far.

I lent the original copy to a couple friends who weren't really into Shakuhachi, and they really enjoyed the book, so it's also a sneaky way to impart some Shakuhachi knowledge onto someone else in an informative and entertaining way, in little chunks, bit by bit Smile or at least that's the way I found it when I first read the book.

-- John
Visit poster’s website
Nicolas Delhez

PostPosted: 2011-05-26, 14:56    Post subject: Blowing Zen - Ray Brooks Reply with quote

I certainly will search for.

Thanks for sharing Okay

Aldous Huxley
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:46    Post subject: Blowing Zen - Ray Brooks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation