ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hakata bushi - can anyone help me find the score?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Rupert Summerson

PostPosted: 2011-06-21, 13:14    Post subject: Hakata bushi - can anyone help me find the score? Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bonjour tout le monde, Hello Everyone

Can anyone help me find the score for Hakata bushi or lend it to me? I am giving a presentation next week on the Japanese Antarctic Expedition led by Shirase Nobu in 1910-12. I have just discovered that one of the expedition members played the shakuhachi and that one of the pieces he played was Hakata bushi. I thought it would be a nice touch to play a piece that he played in the Antarctic 100 years ago. Unfortunately I don't have the score and I can't find a copy online.

Any help gratefully received.

With all good wishes

Rupert Summerson
Canberra, Australia

PostPosted: 2011-06-21, 13:24    Post subject: Hakata bushi - can anyone help me find the score? Reply with quote

http://www.shakuhachi.com/SM-Yamamoto.html

It's there. Maybe if you order the book they will scan and email you the notation for that piece as a courtesy since there's a time crunch.
Rupert Summerson

PostPosted: 2011-06-21, 13:33    Post subject: Hakata bushi - can anyone help me find the score? Reply with quote

Thanks Brian

I will try sending Monty an e-mail. Part of the website was down when I looked at it yesterday - hopefully they have fixed it now.

Best regards

Rupert

PostPosted: Today at 20:45    Post subject: Hakata bushi - can anyone help me find the score?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation