ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Offtopic: Anyone on Google+?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Christian Grobmeier
Administrator

PostPosted: 2011-07-11, 14:17    Post subject: Offtopic: Anyone on Google+? Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
I am recently filling my circles on google+ and saw i have nobody in my "Shakuhachi" circle.

So, if anyone is using it, shout.

And if anyone would like to get an invite, please let me know. I can send on to you, I just need your e-mail address (you can send it via PM)

Cheers,
Christian
Itamar Foguel

PostPosted: 2011-07-13, 00:12    Post subject: Offtopic: Anyone on Google+? Reply with quote

im there, look up my name Smile
Visit poster’s website
Christian Grobmeier
Administrator

PostPosted: 2011-07-13, 11:39    Post subject: Offtopic: Anyone on Google+? Reply with quote

Excellent, already 6 people in my Shakuhachi circle - added you :-)
CharlesKoeppen

PostPosted: 2011-07-13, 21:16    Post subject: Offtopic: Anyone on Google+? Reply with quote

I'm there too, I have no way of telling who else is there except Christian, Perry, and Itamar. It seems pretty cool because you can have a circle for just shakuhachi friends. What I'm not fully understanding at this point is that when I look at the shakuhachi stream I see posts from Christian about PHP and Apache, not that I don't find those topics interesting but I don't see any way to filter messages so that my shakuhachi friends don't have to see the other stuff I'm involved with. Or is that taken care of by selecting "shakuhachi" on the left of the home page? If it is, how come I see the general stuff Christian posted?
Visit poster’s website
Christian Grobmeier
Administrator

PostPosted: 2011-07-14, 09:56    Post subject: Offtopic: Anyone on Google+? Reply with quote

Hmmm maybe it is my fault. I think I posted it to "public" and so you can see it. I need to post it to my "tech circle" to keep your inbox clean. Will do that in future
CharlesKoeppen

PostPosted: 2011-07-14, 15:51    Post subject: Offtopic: Anyone on Google+? Reply with quote

Maybe, but I'm still not sure how that's supposed to work because I don't know what you named the circles you put your friends in. Say for example that I 'm interested in PHP and Apache too (which I am somewhat, I installed both and went through the instructions to do make a PHP "Hello World" program a couple months ago but then got sidetracked). If I put you, Christian, in an "Apache/PHP" circle and you filter for your "Tech" circle when you post I might not see it. Unless if you have friends with similar interests you have to talk to each other to decide what to name the circle, but even that brings up the question of whether the circle name is case sensitive or not. I don't have enough friends and acquaintances on google+ to play around and figure out how this works, and I found out that some (but not all) of the invites I sent out went to the recipients spam folders. Google+ seems to have potential if you can filter based on friends interests, but at this point I'm not sure it has that capability and I'm wondering what advantages it has to facebook.
Visit poster’s website
Christian Grobmeier
Administrator

PostPosted: 2011-07-14, 21:31    Post subject: Offtopic: Anyone on Google+? Reply with quote

Actually you need to think the other way round. It is not you who can "subscribe to my posts". It is me who let you read my stuff or not. For example, I don't want my collegs from work to know about my music taste. If I write about the latest rock album i liked, I just want that to be available to some of my friends I am going usually to concerts. So I create a circle called music.

When I post about the latest album, I select my circle of friends with whom I can speak about that.
If you move out your flat or have broken your leg, you probably want to know all of your contacts to know this - make it public.

I have for example created an Apache circle (I am working for the Apache Software Foundation), one for friends (the ones I know in person), one for Shakuhachi players. And one for my collegs.

My friends who are interested in Shakuhachi are in my Shakuhachi-circle too (a contact can have both circles).

Imagine you go out for party with your collegs. Would you speak with them about Shakuhachi? Usually not. This way circles are meant
shards

PostPosted: 2011-08-03, 14:57    Post subject: Offtopic: Anyone on Google+? Reply with quote

I'm there too...would love to add to my shaku circle!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/104667277078128870418/posts

G,

s
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 17:21    Post subject: Offtopic: Anyone on Google+?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation