ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Gan, Oslo, Norway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Jarle Jivanmukta

PostPosted: 2011-03-23, 17:48    Post subject: Hello from Gan, Oslo, Norway Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hello everyone, great forum!
You guys just saved my life, looking forward to seeing this forum develop.
Maybe we can take up the discussion about material? I personally believe material matters a lot, and i prefer organic materials as it CLEARLY makes a better sound.
And yes, I am trained as a scientist :-)

I live in the countryside just outside Oslo, Norway.
When I don't play my flute, I have my best days being outdoors in nature, forest or mountains.
My job is as a railroadplanner; exciting, difficult and ecofriendly.
If I had more time, I would like to practice more yoga and meditation, but the shaku has my priority now.
(After family, and two dogs, siberian huskies).
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-03-23, 20:29    Post subject: Hello from Gan, Oslo, Norway Reply with quote

Hi Jarle.
Thank you for starting the first discussion as such here on the new forum.
The subject material has always been one of the more problematic. Material discussions can very quickly get emotional and heated.
So watch out! Smile
But you can perhaps tell us about your observations... if you dare!

(when is baby no 2 arriving?)
Visit poster’s website Skype
Jarle Jivanmukta

PostPosted: 2011-03-23, 20:49    Post subject: Hello from Gan, Oslo, Norway Reply with quote

Oh, I did observe that last discussion, which started from someones innocent comments about Colyns wooden flutes.
I am just trying to pull someones leg......as I am spending to much time at work to night and feel bored.
But I think it is to early anyway in this forum, to get reactions.
My experience from yoga is that the more sacred and spiritually elevated, the more tough conflicts and politics and power games.
Around the gurus it can be very tough :-D But in this case, who is the Guru?

My opinion in the material discussion is that certain things in life is better enjoyed without positive reductionist science, things like love, literature, music, they origin in another universe, the esthetically universe. Positive science is not sufficient to describe such things.
blablabla - better to just be, create and experience.

According to plan, we have child nr. 2 coming april 20 appr...
And as I am so fortunate to be born in Norway, I will have a loooong paternity leave, time to play and spend time in nature, the baby will hang in a tree as I play my attempts at honkyoku.
In the evenings I can watch danish crime on television.
Are you guys spending time in Norway this summer?
Colyn Petersen

PostPosted: 2011-03-24, 00:22    Post subject: Hello from Gan, Oslo, Norway Reply with quote

Good to see you here Jarle. Congrats on your 2nd! See you around.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:43    Post subject: Hello from Gan, Oslo, Norway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation