ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song?
Goto page: 1, 2  >
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Author Message
chuck56
Member

Offline

Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 102
Localisation: Arizona, USA

PostPosted: 2011-07-21, 23:15    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hello All,

I'm looking for sheet music for Komoro Uta and came across Komori Uta, are they actually the same song?
Rolling Eyes
_________________
Chuck Peck
Arizona, USA
Www.phoenixshakuhachi.com

Live the moment, be kind and be your self!
Back to top
Jim Thompson
Professional Member

Offline

Joined: 22 Mar 2011
Posts: 32
Localisation: Los Angeles, Ca.

PostPosted: 2011-07-22, 00:23    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

Chuck,
I can't answer your question but just to add to the confusion, I have the music to Komoro Mago Uta. I wonder if this also is the same song.
Jim
Back to top
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 191
Localisation: Kumamoto-shi, Japan

PostPosted: 2011-07-22, 08:37    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

Chuch, Komori Uta means lullaby. There are many such songs and typically there will be the name of a place or person before komori uta in the title such as the famous Itsuki no Komoriuta. There is also a piece called Komoriuta. A recording of it can be found along with the previously mentioned Itsuki no Komoriuta on Peter Ross's CD, Bamboo Spirit here
http://komuso.com/albums/albums.pl?album=996

All of this info can be found on komuso.com by the way. Okay
Back to top
Visit poster’s website Skype
LowBlow
Member

Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 224
Localisation: Germany

PostPosted: 2011-07-22, 10:24    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

Jeff,

i have seen the scores for Komori Uta as a duet. Can this be a lullaby?
Back to top
Visit poster’s website
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 191
Localisation: Kumamoto-shi, Japan

PostPosted: 2011-07-22, 13:55    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

Hi LowBlow,
Komori no Uta was originally written as a lullaby. It's a very popular piece and as such subject to interpretation. I myself have played it in ways that certainly aren't lullabies. It wasn't written as a duet piece for shakuhachi originally. In fact, it was just a melody. So I guess the scores you saw were later interpretations on the melody.
Back to top
Visit poster’s website Skype
chuck56
Member

Offline

Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 102
Localisation: Arizona, USA

PostPosted: 2011-07-22, 18:05    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

To all, thanks for all the information!

Jeff, I forget about looking on komuso.com. Thanks for the reminder.
_________________
Chuck Peck
Arizona, USA
Www.phoenixshakuhachi.com

Live the moment, be kind and be your self!
Back to top
Glenn Shōyū Swann
Member

Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 15
Localisation: New Jersey, Amerika

PostPosted: 2011-07-23, 15:46    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

LowBlow wrote:
Jeff,

i have seen the scores for Komori Uta as a duet. Can this be a lullaby?


There is indeed a "Komori uta" which is a shakuhachi duet composed by Fukuda Rando.....
_________________
Joy – sorrow-parting-meeting
Are all as though they had
Never been. Only the rain
Is the same, falling in streams
On the tiles, all through the night.
Back to top
Visit poster’s website
Glenn Shōyū Swann
Member

Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 15
Localisation: New Jersey, Amerika

PostPosted: 2011-07-23, 15:50    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

Jim Thompson wrote:
Chuck,
I can't answer your question but just to add to the confusion, I have the music to Komoro Mago Uta. I wonder if this also is the same song.
Jim


I've never heard of just " Komoro Uta ", but the Mago Uta is an extremely famous Minyo horse driver's song from Komoro, in Nagano, near Karuizawa. (where i'll be in 3 days yay!)
_________________
Joy – sorrow-parting-meeting
Are all as though they had
Never been. Only the rain
Is the same, falling in streams
On the tiles, all through the night.
Back to top
Visit poster’s website
LowBlow
Member

Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 224
Localisation: Germany

PostPosted: 2011-07-23, 16:07    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

Glenn Swann wrote:
LowBlow wrote:
Jeff,

i have seen the scores for Komori Uta as a duet. Can this be a lullaby?


There is indeed a "Komori uta" which is a shakuhachi duet composed by Fukuda Rando.....


Thank you Glenn,

i have the scores in a book with two pieces where Fukuda Rando is named as composer. I assume the "Komori Uta" duet is the one from Fukuda Rando as well.
Back to top
Visit poster’s website
Glenn Shōyū Swann
Member

Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 15
Localisation: New Jersey, Amerika

PostPosted: 2011-07-23, 16:40    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

LowBlow wrote:
Glenn Swann wrote:
LowBlow wrote:
Jeff,

i have seen the scores for Komori Uta as a duet. Can this be a lullaby?


There is indeed a "Komori uta" which is a shakuhachi duet composed by Fukuda Rando.....


Thank you Glenn,

i have the scores in a book with two pieces where Fukuda Rando is named as composer. I assume the "Komori Uta" duet is the one from Fukuda Rando as well.


most likely is. it's a very nice piece, good for performing, pretty melody.
there is also a "komoriuta" titled piece by yoshida seifuu, for shakuhachi and koto. also very beautiful. it has the koto part written in in kinko notation, so kind of looks like a shak duet, but it's not nearly as likely to be that as to be the fukuda rando one.
_________________
Joy – sorrow-parting-meeting
Are all as though they had
Never been. Only the rain
Is the same, falling in streams
On the tiles, all through the night.
Back to top
Visit poster’s website
LowBlow
Member

Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 224
Localisation: Germany

PostPosted: 2011-10-01, 14:50    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

Does anybody have the music (mp3) for Komori Uta (Duet) from Fukuda Rando? I have the scores and the music for each voice but not played together.
Back to top
Visit poster’s website
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 191
Localisation: Kumamoto-shi, Japan

PostPosted: 2011-10-02, 05:56    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

LowBlow, as a quick fix, if you'd send me the scores, I'd be happy to record the two parts together for you in mp3 format. If you're interested in that, contact me off line.
Back to top
Visit poster’s website Skype
LowBlow
Member

Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 224
Localisation: Germany

PostPosted: 2011-10-02, 09:53    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

Jeff Cairns wrote:
LowBlow, as a quick fix, if you'd send me the scores, I'd be happy to record the two parts together for you in mp3 format. If you're interested in that, contact me off line.


Thank you Jeff,

i will do that when i got my scanner running. I have a vague hint that there is an old vinyl recording online. I remember a japanese site with old vinyl shakuhachi recordings, where it should be but i can't find the link.
Back to top
Visit poster’s website
LowBlow
Member

Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 224
Localisation: Germany

PostPosted: 2011-10-02, 10:13    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

LowBlow wrote:
Jeff Cairns wrote:
LowBlow, as a quick fix, if you'd send me the scores, I'd be happy to record the two parts together for you in mp3 format. If you're interested in that, contact me off line.


Thank you Jeff,

i will do that when i got my scanner running. I have a vague hint that there is an old vinyl recording online. I remember a japanese site with old vinyl shakuhachi recordings, where it should be but i can't find the link.


I find the link. But it is not the duet. It is an old 78 records Solo only.
Back to top
Visit poster’s website
Glenn Shōyū Swann
Member

Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 15
Localisation: New Jersey, Amerika

PostPosted: 2011-10-02, 14:20    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song? Reply with quote

LowBlow wrote:
Does anybody have the music (mp3) for Komori Uta (Duet) from Fukuda Rando? I have the scores and the music for each voice but not played together.

Mejiro has a cd which kind of accompanies the fukuda rando sheet music set- called "Shakuhachi Roman" i think. it has most of the pieces including duet komoriuta as well as karaoke piano for some of the songs. i found it quite useful in learning anfd practicing the pieces. i forget the player's name, can send it later when i get home this evening....
_________________
Joy – sorrow-parting-meeting
Are all as though they had
Never been. Only the rain
Is the same, falling in streams
On the tiles, all through the night.
Back to top
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé






PostPosted: Today at 01:11    Post subject: Is Komoro Uta and Komori Uta the same song?

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2017 phpBB Group