ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shakuhachi Beat now on Facebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
x moran

PostPosted: 2011-07-31, 22:38    Post subject: Shakuhachi Beat now on Facebook Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Shakuhachi Beat — the notorious but frequently ignored blog about shakuhachi and its travels and travails through the Western world — has moved to Facebook.

Shakuhachi Beat on Facebook is a group page, which means all you have to do is "Like" the page (you may really hate it, but "like" it anyway) and you can post comments articles, photos and videos to that page.

Just imagine, you can become a bona fide contributor and co-conspirator on the no-holds barred discussion of what it means when otherwise perfectly sane people from outside of Japan dedicate their growing lives and diminishing incomes to the pursuit of mastering music on a hard piece of grass with five holes and a notch carved in it.

So hitchhike over to http://www.facebook.com/shaku8 and join the beat.

I'm looking to make a lively site with lively, candid, non-commercial discussions, great photos and engaging video from all.

Love,

The x-man Shocked
CharlesKoeppen

PostPosted: 2011-07-31, 23:37    Post subject: Shakuhachi Beat now on Facebook Reply with quote

Is there a way I can get that link on my facebook home page so I don't have to search for it each time I want to look? Somehow I've got the links to the two Shakuhachi discussion groups and a few other groups displayed over in the left hand column, but then there are others like shakuhachi beat that I have to search for.
Visit poster’s website
Jon Palombi

PostPosted: 2011-08-07, 06:18    Post subject: Shakuhachi Beat now on Facebook Reply with quote

Checked it out... and I liked it! Arrivederci il mio amico. Okay

PostPosted: 2011-08-08, 07:43    Post subject: Shakuhachi Beat now on Facebook Reply with quote

CharlesKoeppen wrote:
Is there a way I can get that link on my facebook home page so I don't have to search for it each time I want to look? Somehow I've got the links to the two Shakuhachi discussion groups and a few other groups displayed over in the left hand column, but then there are others like shakuhachi beat that I have to search for.

Charles, just make a bookmark to the page on your browser for know. I'll see if I can get a link that will fold into your lefthand side menu but I perhaps configured my group improperly for such an easy solution. Facebook training is still a long way off from truly user-friendly interfaces because I think all they hire up there are geeks and have a dearth of real world, non-geek testers and trouble-shooters.
CharlesKoeppen

PostPosted: 2011-08-08, 15:05    Post subject: Shakuhachi Beat now on Facebook Reply with quote

x moran wrote:
I'll see if I can get a link that will fold into your lefthand side menu but I perhaps configured my group improperly for such an easy solution.

I think what is happening is that Facebook "groups" end up over in the left-hand sidebar but Facebook "pages" (that's what you created) do not. Maybe there's a way to fix it from either your or us readers end, but it seems to me like an inconsistency in Facebook. Facebook pages are relatively new, maybe the Facebook developers will fix it soon.
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:11    Post subject: Shakuhachi Beat now on Facebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation