ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings From Omaha, NE USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Colyn Petersen

PostPosted: 2011-03-24, 00:09    Post subject: Greetings From Omaha, NE USA Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hello, Colyn Petersen Here from Omaha, Nebraska. Student of Michael Chikuzen Gould for approaching 1.5 years. Maker of Native American Indian Style flutes for 14 years and wooden shakuhachi in the tradition of Peter Ross for .5 years. Glad to see a comprehensive forum up and running again. Nice Doins!

Colyn
Visit poster’s website Skype
Jarle Jivanmukta

PostPosted: 2011-03-24, 00:18    Post subject: Greetings From Omaha, NE USA Reply with quote

Hello Colyn, I just came back in after walking the dogs, in the winterdark night, and playing your flute as I do every night, for the first time in months I didn't get cold fingers, spring is coming. Your fluite is great, I bring it around everywhere and play it every day. All the best!

Jarle

PS: Is there anything I should do with the flute for maintenance?
Michael Komatsuzen
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-03-24, 00:23    Post subject: Greetings From Omaha, NE USA Reply with quote

Hi Colyn,

I was also playing the flute you made for this this afternoon.
Good to see you here.

Michael
Colyn Petersen

PostPosted: 2011-03-24, 00:39    Post subject: Greetings From Omaha, NE USA Reply with quote

I have yet to try that outdoor in the winter thing with the wooden shakuhachi. I'm a cold weather whimp. Have to admit though playing until an icicle is hanging from the end is a temptation LOL.

Just watch the flute for signs of wear or bare wood and use a beeswax or salad bowl like oil on it. Be sure not to use anything that would go rancid. I use Clapham's Salad Bowl finish. http://www.claphams.com/ or
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=clapham's beeswax&tag=goo…
Nice product and you can eat it if you get really hungry.
Visit poster’s website Skype
neoKomuso

PostPosted: 2011-05-21, 00:31    Post subject: Greetings From Omaha, NE USA Reply with quote

Another Omaha, NE shaku-geek signing in.
Figured it was about time I migrated to the new forums.

Cheers!
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 19:18    Post subject: Greetings From Omaha, NE USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation