ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AUDIO VISUAL MEDITATIONS with Shakuhachi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-09-11, 23:10    Post subject: AUDIO VISUAL MEDITATIONS with Shakuhachi Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi All, I won't be in town but highly recommend it!
- Perry

Culturehub Live-Wired Series Presents AUDIO VISUAL MEDITATIONS on Sunday, September 25 at 9 PM at 47 Great Jones St, 3rd Floor. RSVP

Join us September 25th for Audio Visual Meditations. Master musicians in both New York City and South Korea perform together via telepresence, sharing compositions and fusing disparate traditions. The performance will be followed by Q&A, linking artists and audience in both locations.

Culturehub Live-Wired series presents:
AUDIO VISUAL MEDITATIONS
Sunday, September 25 / 9 PM
47 Great Jones St / 3rd Floor
Admission FREE / Limited space available / Please RSVP

Musicians:
NEW YORK
Steve Gorn (Bansuri), Yukio Tsuji (Guitar, Percussion), Kang Eun-il (Haegum)
KOREA
Ralph Samuleson (Shakuhachi), Kim Young-dong (DaeGeum), Haegum Plus (Guitar, Percussion)

Dancer:
KOREA
Park Sook-ja
Visit poster’s website
Kohl Sudduth

PostPosted: 2011-09-21, 03:54    Post subject: AUDIO VISUAL MEDITATIONS with Shakuhachi Reply with quote

I'll be there. Looking forward to it.
Visit poster’s website
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2011-09-21, 07:25    Post subject: AUDIO VISUAL MEDITATIONS with Shakuhachi Reply with quote

Kim Young Dong is fantastic.
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-09-21, 15:01    Post subject: AUDIO VISUAL MEDITATIONS with Shakuhachi Reply with quote

Kohl Sudduth wrote:
I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

Brian Tairaku Ritchie wrote:
Kim Young Dong is fantastic.

Well, I guess I'll have to delay my departure. See you at the performance!

Culture Hub is doing some great things. Read more here: http://www.culturehub.org/

Culturehub was born out of the desire to further develop the long-standing relationship between the Seoul Institute of the Arts in Korea and La MaMa e.t.c. in New York. At the core, Culturehub values cross-cultural, artistic collaboration and it is our belief that artists, working in all mediums, must continue to experiment with new and developing technologies.

Currently, Culturehub consists of two Telepresence Studios. These mirrored spaces, link the two organizations through the use of digital technology and virtual space. Our goal is to create an international hub for artists, scholars, innovators and students. Through our collaborative projects, we hope to develop a method of exchange, which can be duplicated on a global scale, bridging the gap between art, technology and science; as well as further broadening the ability for artists and audiences to interact with one another over distance.
Visit poster’s website
Kohl Sudduth

PostPosted: 2011-09-22, 16:55    Post subject: AUDIO VISUAL MEDITATIONS with Shakuhachi Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Brian and Perry. Just read up on Kim Young Dong. Now I'm totally stoked to hear/see him and the CultureHub event. I'm still a country-boy/mountain-man at heart, but things like this remind me why I love living in NYC. Perry, grab a bite before?
Visit poster’s website
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-09-23, 05:01    Post subject: AUDIO VISUAL MEDITATIONS with Shakuhachi Reply with quote

Kohl Sudduth wrote:
Thanks for the info Brian and Perry. Just read up on Kim Young Dong. Now I'm totally stoked to hear/see him and the CultureHub event. I'm still a country-boy/mountain-man at heart, but things like this remind me why I love living in NYC. Perry, grab a bite before?

Cool! Let's touch base off the forum. Bring your flute!

Anyone else in NYC want to join us?
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 13:56    Post subject: AUDIO VISUAL MEDITATIONS with Shakuhachi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation