ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shakuhachi Concerto

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Media Centre
Previous topic :: Next topic  
James Nyoraku Schlefer
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-09-12, 17:27    Post subject: Shakuhachi Concerto Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
This is a live performance of my Shakuhachi Concerto (with strings, harp and percussion) from May 28, 2011 with the Orchestra of the Swan in Stratford, UK. Ken Woods is the conductor. It's three movements, 26 minutes long. I'd be thrilled if anyone wanted play this piece with a local orchestra. -James
http://www.youtube.com/user/Goodmedia#p/a/u/0/R4n4eNblHPA
mattrn

PostPosted: 2011-09-16, 02:01    Post subject: Shakuhachi Concerto Reply with quote

Very Happy
James Nyoraku Schlefer
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-09-16, 02:27    Post subject: Shakuhachi Concerto Reply with quote

Thanks Mattrn. I am assuming that the smile icon is a positive response. Much appreciated.
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-09-16, 09:14    Post subject: Shakuhachi Concerto Reply with quote

I'd love to play it... if I can find an orchestra....
Visit poster’s website Skype
James Nyoraku Schlefer
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-09-16, 16:21    Post subject: Shakuhachi Concerto Reply with quote

It's strings, harp and percussion, so no winds or brass. But the string section needs to be fairly robust, maybe 20 players. The CD "Spring Sounds; Spring Seas" which also has my arrangement of Haru no Umi, and a Koto Concerto, is currently with the producer and will be released (we hope) next spring.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 19:19    Post subject: Shakuhachi Concerto

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Media Centre All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation