ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Canada

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Rob Bondy

PostPosted: 2011-03-24, 00:39    Post subject: Hello from Canada Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi,

I am a novice player and a student of Michael Chikuzen Gould. I was a member and huge fan of the BBQ and am extremely grateful to the people who made this new forum possible.

In addition to my lessons, I compose spontaneous 4 breath songs on the side of my daughter's lunch bag (without playing them). When she comes home at the end of the day, I sightread her lunchbag. Smile
Visit poster’s website
Erin

PostPosted: 2011-03-24, 07:20    Post subject: Hello from Canada Reply with quote

Hello Rob, where abouts in Canada are you living? If you are near Vancouver perhaps you could join our long tones session some time.
Rob Bondy

PostPosted: 2011-03-24, 13:09    Post subject: Hello from Canada Reply with quote

I'd love that. However, I am in Ontario.
Visit poster’s website
Erin

PostPosted: 2011-03-25, 02:13    Post subject: Hello from Canada Reply with quote

Well Rob, if you ever come out west, be sure to look us up! Smile
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-03-25, 07:25    Post subject: Hello from Canada Reply with quote

Perhaps Ontario - Vancover is not as far as Sakhalin - Moscow... but still! These two countries are SO BIG!
Welcome to the forum, Rob. How is the shakuhachi scene in Ontario?
I have just been in Toronto 6 month ago or so and there seemed to be quite some players - and a koto shihan!
Visit poster’s website Skype
Rob Bondy

PostPosted: 2011-03-26, 05:35    Post subject: Hello from Canada Reply with quote

Kiku Day wrote:
Perhaps Ontario - Vancover is not as far as Sakhalin - Moscow... but still! These two countries are SO BIG!
Welcome to the forum, Rob. How is the shakuhachi scene in Ontario?
I have just been in Toronto 6 month ago or so and there seemed to be quite some players - and a koto shihan!

There does seem to be a scene of sorts (as far as I know) in Toronto, but I am about 5 hours south, which is about as far south as you can get. To my knowledge, there is no one around me at all. I am taking Skype lessons with Michael Gould right now.
Visit poster’s website
david

PostPosted: 2011-03-27, 14:55    Post subject: Hello from Canada Reply with quote

Hey Rob,
I love your lunchbag excersises/experiments. Very original.

PostPosted: Today at 20:46    Post subject: Hello from Canada

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation