ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone up for meeting up in NYC
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-09-22, 18:54    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi there

Anyone up for meeting up in NYC? I should be there between 11 and 15 Oct....

kiku
Visit poster’s website Skype
mattrn

PostPosted: 2011-09-23, 00:51    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

Since you're in the nieghborhood...come on out to SF - lunch is on me!
matt
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-09-23, 05:11    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

Kiku Day wrote:
Hi there

Anyone up for meeting up in NYC? I should be there between 11 and 15 Oct....

kiku

Yes, perfect time. I'm in between shows.
The place we convened at last time is no longer a Japanese fusion restaurant. It is now a Mexican rest with an Agave bar. I think their tequila is good. Very Happy
Visit poster’s website
Jane Kilthau

PostPosted: 2011-09-29, 01:02    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

Hi Kiku, Do you and Perry meet up to play or eat and drink? I might be up for that... Jane Question
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-09-29, 06:47    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

Last time we did only meet up for food and drink - James Schlefer cam and a few of my friends from Mills College.
It really depends on the time I have. But it could be nice to meet up to play too.
I will only be in NYC from Tuesday evening to Saturday afternoon for a conference. James Schlefer already noticed the conference and said he is coming if we meet up. If we had a place where we could both play, eat and drink... Smile
Conference: http://mobilityshifts.org/conference/program/program-thursday-october-13-20…
Perhaps if we met up on Friday - I'd be very happy having done the workshop at the conference. I can't remember if the conference organised anything Friday evening.
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-09-29, 20:29    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

Perry and Jane, can you do Thursday the 13th Oct?
Philip Gelb, Nyogetsu and hopefully Nyoraku will join as well... Mr. Green
Kohl Sudduth

PostPosted: 2011-09-30, 18:13    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

I've registered be at your lecture Kiku. While my work demands are always in flux, I'll do my best to be there. Looking forward to hearing you speak.
Visit poster’s website
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-09-30, 19:37    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

Kiku Day wrote:
Perry and Jane, can you do Thursday the 13th Oct?
Philip Gelb, Nyogetsu and hopefully Nyoraku will join as well... Mr. Green

Arghh! Sorry Kiku, My week just got filled up. Next time!
Have a great lecture.
- Perry
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-10-01, 07:55    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

That is a pity, Perry. Was looking forward to see you again. How long ago is it I was in NY last time? Few years ago.... can't even remember what I was doing there. Smile
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-10-01, 17:11    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

Kiku Day wrote:
That is a pity, Perry. Was looking forward to see you again. How long ago is it I was in NY last time? Few years ago.... can't even remember what I was doing there. Smile

Me too. It's just that the show I'm presently performing in is getting gigs added on. Tell you what, just let me know where you'll meet and let's see what happens. We can play it be ear? Smile

I think we last meet in 2009. You were passing through for a conference at Wesleyan U?
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-10-03, 18:54    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

Hi Perry
I hope you can come (just because it would be nice to see you!)
I was in NYC last time - yes for the Society for Ethnomusicology conference at Weslayan University - but that was in 2008!

Hi Kohl, nice you are coming to the workshop. It is just a workshop on skype lessons in this digital media conference. Hope there is something fun for you! Mr. Green Looking forward to meeting you!
CharlesKoeppen

PostPosted: 2011-10-10, 18:50    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

Is this still happening? Are less advanced students of shakuhachi (like me) welcome?
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-10-11, 08:05    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

Of course.
We meet at 7:30 pm at Junior's in Brooklyn on Thursday.
Everyone is welcome!!!
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2011-10-11, 08:25    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

Junior's = CHEESECAKE!
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-10-11, 14:26    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC Reply with quote

Yup! We are gonna eat cheesecake! :-)
Now sitting at Schipol Airport in Amsterdam after having had coffee and walked around central Amsterdam with Kees Kort!
It's nice to be a shakuhachi player!!!
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:47    Post subject: Anyone up for meeting up in NYC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation