ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shakuhachi Teacher in Eastern USA & online lessons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Nyogetsu
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-03-24, 00:56    Post subject: Shakuhachi Teacher in Eastern USA & online lessons Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi Everybody,

In honor of the opening of my new DOJO in Syracuse , NY (at HOEN-JI Rinzai Zen Monastery), I would like to re-introduce myself to those who don't know me in the ever-enlarging World Shakuhachi Community.

I was the only "full-time" Shakuhachi teacher in the USA when I returned from studying in Kyoto, Japan in 1975. I presently hold 2 Dai Shihan (Grand Master) Licenses (one from Kurahashi Yodo I, and one from Aoki Reibo- Kinko-Ryu Living National Treasure), and have received 2 GEMEI (professional names) -Nyogetsu and Reishin from my teachers.

Prior to internet days, I would teach "remote" students via "cassette" lessons. I began to teach in this manner over 30 years ago. For the past 20 years, I have, with the help of a student, developed and used a very simple, free system involving a soft-ware called AUDACITY and my <mobile.me> server for teaching distant students. I can use SKYPE as well, but I prefer the Audacity/mobile.me system for a number of reasons. In any case this has allowed me to have approximately 60 remote students in 5 Foreign Countries and 26 states. If you go to this page on my website <http://www.nyogetsu.com/events.html> and scroll to the bottom paragraph, there is an explanation of how to study with me online.

While my studio on Riverside Drive in NYC is my primary teaching location, I also teach in person, in Philadelphia, Washington D.C./Baltimore, Rochester, and now Syracuse.

I look forward to hearing from any of you who would like to work with me <nyogetsu@gmail.com>!
Keep on playing..

Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin
(I also have been selling the world's largest Shakuhachi collection online - owned by someone else- for the past 20 years.)
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 19:19    Post subject: Shakuhachi Teacher in Eastern USA & online lessons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation