ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elizabeth Reian Bennett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-09-29, 18:08    Post subject: Elizabeth Reian Bennett Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi all, I received this from Elizabeth Reian Bennett

This is in Boston, MA, Oct 16th.

Autumn Music for the Shakuhachi: Traditional and Contemporary

This will be a concert with a seasonal focus, as is common in Japan. Tufts koto expert Cathleen Read and I will play the 19th century "Song of Autumn" for shakuhachi and koto, and Cathe will play "The Silence of Autumn" as a solo. A student shakuhachi duo byTozan composer Miyata Kohachiro “Morning on the Mountain”, will follow, and I will play a traditional Kinko solo, a favorite, “Shizu no kyoku”, meant to lead to enlightenment (and also once sung to the decapitated head of a general to assuage its soul!). The concert features premieres for solo shakuhachi and shakuhachi and contralto by Tufts composers John McDonald and David Molk. McDonald's piece will be set to the words of Vermont poet David Budbill, who models his poems in the brief style of Tang Dynasty China, in a set of four poems which describe each season. The lyrics will be sung by Liz Anker; it will be a first for me to work with the colors of voice and bamboo. Monk solos "Meditation on Reeds" and "The Song of the V of Geese" bring the evening to a close.

As usual, I hope to see you there! Follow the link below for information. The phone is (617) 627 3679

http://as.tufts.edu/music/musiccenter

Looks exciting!
- Perry
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-09-29, 20:25    Post subject: Elizabeth Reian Bennett Reply with quote

Damn! Just flown back home on the 15th! Mad
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:51    Post subject: Elizabeth Reian Bennett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation