ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sakura - Kurofune (Josh Smith and Izukawa Shido) composition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Media Centre
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Josh Smith
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-11-20, 07:39    Post subject: Sakura - Kurofune (Josh Smith and Izukawa Shido) composition Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi everybody,
This autumn I went back to Japan for a small concert tour and Japanese garden training. Here is a video from a performance Izukawa Shido (Kurofune) and I performed on the Uji River in Kyoto. The video isn't top quality because it was night time but the banks of the river were lit up beautifully!
This is one of our original piano and shakuhachi duet pieces off the "Flowing Winds" CD called "Sakura":

http://www.serene-gardens.com/shakuhachi-music-concert-in-uji-kyoto/

http://www.serene-gardens.com/
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-11-21, 02:56    Post subject: Sakura - Kurofune (Josh Smith and Izukawa Shido) composition Reply with quote

Very cool!
Looking forward to the video!
Hope you are doing well back in the US and nice you are still doing stuff with Izukawa! Okay Okay Okay
Visit poster’s website Skype
James Nyoraku Schlefer
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-11-22, 22:33    Post subject: Sakura - Kurofune (Josh Smith and Izukawa Shido) composition Reply with quote

Very pretty and what a great setting.
muraiki

PostPosted: 2011-12-07, 16:20    Post subject: Sakura - Kurofune (Josh Smith and Izukawa Shido) composition Reply with quote

That's a beautiful song. I spent a few months in Japan on study abroad and Uji was one of my favorite places. I loved walking along that river... you've made me feel very nostalgic! Smile
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 14:01    Post subject: Sakura - Kurofune (Josh Smith and Izukawa Shido) composition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Media Centre All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation