ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shakuhachi visits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-12-20, 08:55    Post subject: Shakuhachi visits Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
I have over the years had some great shakuhachi visits.
Mostly, it has been people who live too far to have a teacher and have traveled to have some intensive days of shakuhachi - and we have had a great time!

Sunday I had a mysterious shakuhachi visitor. He said he did not want lessons - just say hi!

ok... fine!

His name is Uwe Walter. And he proved to be such an extraordinary person. He is German and has lived 30 years in Japan. He spoke really good Japanese - in a fantastic kansai ben and was a nō chant and dance teacher as well as a brilliant shakuhachi player. He has raised 3 boys in Japan, living of his music and nō. He was full of stories and full of surprises. He lives in a small village in the mountains around Kyoto.

We had a great time and I am really grateful he came to visit. He had seen me on the Internet and since he was having a concert in Flensburg, he thought he might as well cross the border and pay a visit.

Let's hope for more surprise visits like this. Uwe saw me on Facebook but a forum like this one can do the same - introducing shakuhachi players to each other.

I am looking forward for more visits and hope to visit others too! :)
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 20:44    Post subject: Shakuhachi visits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation