ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New CD with shakuhachi and Tibetan chant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Media Centre
Previous topic :: Next topic  
James Nyoraku Schlefer
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-12-22, 18:06    Post subject: New CD with shakuhachi and Tibetan chant Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Although not personally a big fan of new age music, I admire the quality and high production value of this new album from Costa Verde Productions. The recording features a Tibetan monk chanting mantras, and my shakuhachi playing accompanies and interacts with the singing. If you get a chance, check out some of the samples. I recorded the music in November or 2010 in Portugal, and this is now one of six CDs that my playing is on with this record label.
http://www.costaverdeproduction.com/mos/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=60&Itemid=65
Michael Komatsuzen
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-12-22, 21:30    Post subject: New CD with shakuhachi and Tibetan chant Reply with quote

Hi Nyoraku,

Gave some tracks a listen. Curious, what you played was composed by Margot Reisinger?

-M
James Nyoraku Schlefer
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-12-22, 21:42    Post subject: New CD with shakuhachi and Tibetan chant Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

I learned the melodies that Lama Tanzin was singing, and played those, then created some counter melodies and improvised on those. Margot created all the other music and "assembled" it all.
Michael Komatsuzen
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-12-22, 22:06    Post subject: New CD with shakuhachi and Tibetan chant Reply with quote

Cool. That didn't seem clear in the "notes", but maybe I needed to look closer.
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2011-12-22, 22:22    Post subject: New CD with shakuhachi and Tibetan chant Reply with quote

We used to call New Age "Sew-age". Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil But this is nice! Okay Surprised
James Nyoraku Schlefer
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2011-12-22, 22:27    Post subject: New CD with shakuhachi and Tibetan chant Reply with quote

Thanks. I like the singing lama.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:48    Post subject: New CD with shakuhachi and Tibetan chant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Media Centre All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation