ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music Theory for beginners, tip?
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Jarle Jivanmukta

PostPosted: 2012-02-28, 23:01    Post subject: Music Theory for beginners, tip? Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Thanks to everyone who replied to my request. I didn't have time to reply so often, but its really appreciated.

I learned a lot from what has been said here. I am into shakuhachi for shakuhachi, and shakuhachiness and exploring silence and the mind and nature and... .
Any detour into western music will be just for fun on an occasional occation.
I took shakuhachi up about two yrs ago, and have absolutely no musical background, if I really wanted jazz, rock or something else I would have picked another instrument Wink
I expect that my many yrs of meditation and yoga will reward me somehow in my shakuplaying, will be fun to see!

Learning a little bit about music theory helped me understand that there is "more space" between certain holes and the shakuhachi, therefore we more reasonable have one more meri there. I expect to learn and understand more, but time is limited so 99.9 % of the time is devoted to practice traditionally what my teacher tells me - and there is enough universes in there to explore!!

When kids are playing in the grass, and we lounge in the sound, my friend (http://youtu.be/pvTX37ynAOI) takes out the guitar and I bring my woodenflute or Yuu, I will ask him to tune it to D, or open D dropped D tuning as he knows this much better me!

Can moderators decide if this thread is better placed in beginners section.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:19    Post subject: Music Theory for beginners, tip?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Dōjō All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation