ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kinya Sogawa in New York CIty Sept 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-01-04, 14:19    Post subject: Kinya Sogawa in New York CIty Sept 2012 Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hello All, I hope you are off to a great new year.

My making sensei in Japan, Kinya Sogawa will be in New York City at the beginning of September, 2012. (actual dates to be announced). He will be here for a couple of weeks for performances, recording and teaching workshops in both playing and making. There will be an official announcement in the near future but I wanted to get this out early as some makers from out of town may need to think about scheduling ahead to reserve lodging etc...

Kinya has asked me to organize the making workshop so those interested should contact me directly at perry at yungflutes dot come or PM me here on the Forum.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Namaste, Perry

Edit, Here is the calender for The Japan Society events which lists the schedule of events:

http://www.japansociety.org/event/kinya-sogawa-shakuhachi-exploration

Last edited by Perry Yung on 2012-08-21, 03:28; edited 2 times in total
Visit poster’s website
Kohl Sudduth

PostPosted: 2012-01-06, 18:33    Post subject: Kinya Sogawa in New York CIty Sept 2012 Reply with quote

Very much looking forward to it Perry. What an extraordinary opportunity.
Visit poster’s website
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-05-21, 03:07    Post subject: Kinya Sogawa in New York CIty Sept 2012 Reply with quote

Kohl Sudduth wrote:
Very much looking forward to it Perry. What an extraordinary opportunity.

Yes, me too. I think this is a first.

The date for Kinya's shakuhachi making workshop is confirmed for Sept 16, 2012. It will take place at Japan Society NYC. The actual time is to be decided but will probably be late morning for 4 hours. Kinya wants to keep it intimate and hands on for the actual participants so there's only room for 3 more. Those interested can contact me directly at perry (at) yungflutes dot com

Or, Pm me here.

Additionally, Kinya will be teaching playing workshops on Sat, Sept 15 for both beginners and advanced players.

Ciao - Perry
Visit poster’s website
James Nyoraku Schlefer
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-05-21, 16:02    Post subject: Kinya Sogawa in New York CIty Sept 2012 Reply with quote

Sounds great Perry. I look forward to more details and I'll let my students know. Is he performing?
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-05-22, 18:17    Post subject: Kinya Sogawa in New York CIty Sept 2012 Reply with quote

James Nyoraku Schlefer wrote:
Sounds great Perry. I look forward to more details and I'll let my students know. Is he performing?

Hi James, Yes, Kinya is performing at the Roulette in Brooklyn on Sunday, Sept 23nd. There's a lot in the works - CD recording, playing, making and possibly a composing workshop. I'll post the schedule once everything is solidified.

For those interested, Kinya's website is here:
http://www.fides.dti.ne.jp/~sogawa/englishpage1.html

BTW, there's only two seats left for the Shakuhachi Making Workshop

Thanks again! Perry
Visit poster’s website
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-08-21, 03:58    Post subject: Kinya Sogawa in New York CIty Sept 2012 Reply with quote

Hi All, Here is the Calender page for the Japan Society listing all of Kinya's workshop with in-depth descriptions:

http://www.japansociety.org/page/calendar

The Shakuhachi making workshop sold out but the presenter asked to open it up. Originally, it was set at 8 participants but Kinya agreed allow an additional eight. Now there are a few seats left. Those interested should register ASAP. This workshop is now SOLD OUT.

I was also informed that the playing workshop is nearly sold out. To accommodate as many as possible, the Japan Society will make available Observer Tickets once the workshops have reached capacity.

At Japan Society (Manhattan)
Sept 15. Playing workshop, 2pm - beginners. 4pm - intermediate/advanced.
Sept 16. Shakuhachi making workshop, 2pm
Sept 22. Composers workshop, 2pm

At Roulette (Brooklyn)
Sept 23, 5pm. Concert featuring Ned Rothenberg, Elizabeth Brown, Ralph Samuelson and Laurie Sogawa.

TICKETS
$15/$10 Japan Society & Roulette members, students & seniors.
To purchase tickets visit www.roulette.org or call (917) 267-0363 (Japan Society members, please use code "japansociety" for discount).
Visit poster’s website
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-09-14, 17:59    Post subject: Kinya Sogawa in New York CIty Sept 2012 Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm very excited to announce the kick off of Kinya Sogawa's New York City events with the Playing Workshop (Dokyoku style) starting tomorrow at the Japan Society. 2pm beginners, 4pm advanced. The Making workshop has been sold out but there's some tickets left for the Playing and Composers Workshops and The Concert at Roulette in Brooklyn.

I know many people here in New York City and beyond have already registered, but for those who haven't yet you can do so at the Japan Society website:

http://www.japansociety.org/page/calendar

Hope to see you there!
Perry
Visit poster’s website
zacskinner

PostPosted: 2012-10-19, 17:44    Post subject: Kinya Sogawa in New York CIty Sept 2012 Reply with quote

This was amazing! His concert was inspiring, and his workshop was great. Thanks for posting his events Perry!!
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-10-20, 14:40    Post subject: Kinya Sogawa in New York CIty Sept 2012 Reply with quote

zacskinner wrote:
This was amazing! His concert was inspiring, and his workshop was great. Thanks for posting his events Perry!!

Thanks Zak, It was great seeing you there!
Hope to see you soon,
Perry
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:17    Post subject: Kinya Sogawa in New York CIty Sept 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation