ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bamboo Yuu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Workshop
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Derek Choice

PostPosted: 2012-01-05, 18:53    Post subject: Bamboo Yuu Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
It was kind of quiet here in the Workshop forum, so I thought I'd post a link to this page I stumbled across. The maker shaved/filed a Yuu shakuhachi all the way down to just slightly bigger than the bore, and then inserted that into bamboo. Smile

http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~tuner/chikuyu_e.html
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2012-01-05, 20:06    Post subject: Bamboo Yuu Reply with quote

I can't remember if I have seen this before or not... there is something familiar about it....
But what a wonderfully Okay crazy Shocked idea!!!!!
Visit poster’s website Skype
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2012-01-05, 22:10    Post subject: Bamboo Yuu Reply with quote

One of the jinashi warriors should take material out of the bore of the yuu and fill it with bamboo for the opposite effect. Like a jinashi with a condom. Neutral Razz Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Question Exclamation Wink Embarassed
Itamar Foguel

PostPosted: 2012-01-06, 02:24    Post subject: Bamboo Yuu Reply with quote

i like brian's idea....

anyway, i know this yuu transformation webpage back from the old forum, anyhow i never really understood, if he bother to get himself a nice piece of madake, why not use a bore casting mandrel or just make one inside the yuu and copy its bore profile...

i think the red urushi YUU project and also Derek's costumized Yuu's are more productive then that.
Visit poster’s website
Derek Choice

PostPosted: 2012-01-06, 05:37    Post subject: Bamboo Yuu Reply with quote

Oh, yeah! I had completely forgotten about that mod'd Yuu I did way back when. Wonder where that thing is now? A little putty, little paint, makes a player what he ain't, I guess. Wink
Visit poster’s website
Toby

PostPosted: 2012-01-19, 03:36    Post subject: Bamboo Yuu Reply with quote

I love how he expresses gratitude to the Yuu. So Japanese! Like the broken needle ceremony.
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2012-01-19, 07:19    Post subject: Bamboo Yuu Reply with quote

Yeah... I love the broken needle ceremony with needles in tofu!!!
We could make a giant tofu and stick our broken shakuhachi in it..... one day... Cool
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 13:51    Post subject: Bamboo Yuu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation