ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ancient shakuhachi naming method

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Museum
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-02-21, 08:50    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Nameless and wandering? No place to hang your tengai? On a seemingly endless SHIRABE?
Well your search may well be over.

Dare you venture further?

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B67mMuPs9XAnYmZkYmY4MmMtYTdiNi00NDkyLTg4ODAtNWFkY2Y5ODZiNDAw

*Sorry for the first attempt. This one is a little more elegant. Wink

Last edited by Jeff Cairns on 2012-02-21, 12:42; edited 1 time in total
Visit poster’s website Skype
Rick Riekert

PostPosted: 2012-02-21, 14:20    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

Thanks, Jeff. I'm grateful to the mountain folk of Kyushu, especially the visionary Kankoufu, who was compassionately mindful of the sense of alienation from the native shakuhachi culture heathen foreigners like myself might feel without a time-honored shakuhachi name to call our very own.

Cheers,

Kekoubuu
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-02-21, 19:20    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

Jeff Cairns wrote:
Nameless and wandering? No place to hang your tengai? On a seemingly endless SHIRABE?
Well your search may well be over.

Dare you venture further?

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B67mMuPs9XAnYmZkYmY4MmMtYTdiNi00NDkyLTg4ODAtNWFkY2Y5ODZiNDAw

*Sorry for the first attempt. This one is a little more elegant. Wink

Thanks Jeff! By following this ancient doc, I was elated to obtain a traditional shakuhachi name - Ugly Leg Cloud Yung.

Oddly enough, it sounds a lot like my retired Gung fu name Shocked
Visit poster’s website
kerry

PostPosted: 2012-02-22, 03:25    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

Wow! I'm Keshitsu-un - Skinny Knees Cloud Wink Could be worse, eh?! Smile
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-02-22, 15:45    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

kerry wrote:
Wow! I'm Keshitsu-un - Skinny Knees Cloud Wink Could be worse, eh?! Smile

Looks like we branched off the same lineage!
Visit poster’s website
Derek Choice

PostPosted: 2012-02-22, 16:37    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

Hi, Cousins!!

鈍肢雲
Nibuu-shi-un
Dull Leg Cloud
Visit poster’s website
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2012-02-22, 17:20    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

Buu-chiku here

Fat bamboo

HIHI
Visit poster’s website
Jon Palombi

PostPosted: 2012-02-23, 01:18    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

Min-kou-kei reporting for duty! I do like the sound of these kanji in Japanese, however, "Sleepy Shins Vista" sounds like a retirement home in Florida, for ex marathon runners. An aluminum-sided, one story complex with a nice view of the swamp. Sorry folks, only running shoes allowed on the dance floor. What's up with that? Wink
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-02-23, 04:45    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

The venerable Kandoufu has me as Moukesetsu, or Blind Melon Node. Dude!! Okay
x moran

PostPosted: 2012-02-23, 04:51    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

Right. I've already got my blues name.

I'm sticking with that.

Sticky Legs Lee
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-02-23, 09:56    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

X, it seems that you have no choice, but no blues name gonna cut it here. Cool
x moran

PostPosted: 2012-02-25, 08:16    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

That seems a bit shakuhachi-chauvinistic, don't you think, Jeff?
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-02-25, 12:59    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

You're absolutely right X. Forgive my lapse into tubular jingoism. Sticky Legs Lee it is. And for the rest of you, the meeting is at 7:30. See you there. BYOS Okay
x moran

PostPosted: 2012-03-15, 23:20    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method Reply with quote

Jeff Cairns wrote:
You're absolutely right X. Forgive my lapse into tubular jingoism. Sticky Legs Lee it is. And for the rest of you, the meeting is at 7:30. See you there. BYOS Okay

Quit being so durned agreeable, Jeff. I'm a shakuhachi bluesman looking for a fight.

'Got my .44 Special (I think that makes it somewhere between a 1.3 and a 1.4) and I'm going' down to the valley to get me some dough!

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:15    Post subject: ancient shakuhachi naming method

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Museum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation